PDA

View Full Version : 29HP LC EFI Kawasaki loping idle problem

bpfaeh
04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
I have a 2007 JD 797 with the fuel injected, liquid cooled Kawasaki....under load, no problems at all....when blades not engaged, the engine lopes up and down, up and down....doesnt matter what throttle position. Doesn't die, but lopes all over the place....I did a search and came up with a bunch of carburated stuff, but no fuel injected. Anyone else ever have this problem? Its still under warranty, but I dont think very highly of too many dealerships....any help is appreciated. Thanks

tacoma200
04-27-2009, 10:15 PM
I have a 2007 JD 797 with the fuel injected, liquid cooled Kawasaki....under load, no problems at all....when blades not engaged, the engine lopes up and down, up and down....doesnt matter what throttle position. Doesn't die, but lopes all over the place....I did a search and came up with a bunch of carburated stuff, but no fuel injected. Anyone else ever have this problem? Its still under warranty, but I dont think very highly of too many dealerships....any help is appreciated. Thanks

They say the engine is easy to hook up and diagnose. Run by the dealer.

topsites
04-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Yeah but never on a mower, only on a car and only at idle...

And it could be a number of things, in no particular order I'll list them:
1. The HI-LO screw needs adjusting.
2. Vacuum Leak.
3. A missing or broken spring.
4. Clogged or dirty fuel filter.
5. Clogged or dirty air filter.
6. Bad spark plug(s).
7. The idle air control unit is dirty or bad.
8. Fuel pump worn out.
9. Fuel leak.

bpfaeh
04-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I changed the spark plugs, fuel filter, and air filter with no luck. No fuel leaks anywhere...very clean machine. I looked for anything broken or whatnot on the engine but couldnt find anything. I guess I may have to bite the bullet and take to dealer....its under warranty, but I just dont want those $10/hr guys in the shop jacking with my mower that they dont care about and dont really know what they are doing. Not to mention the down time!

Allens LawnCare
04-28-2009, 09:04 AM
When was the last time you had the Carb cleaned....this new gas, kills the carbs

bpfaeh
04-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Its fuel injected....

Anyone else?

Lex Lawn
04-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Sounds like you may have moisture in the fuel tanks. I would put a little HEAT in there and either drain the tanks and refill with a higher octane or just top it off with gas purchsed from a different gas station. I got a few gallons of gas that were bad and it totally ruined one of my push mowers.