PDA

View Full Version : Used Scag value

sosaysmorvant
04-27-2009, 11:12 PM
I realize this is getting bothersome....my used price questions, but I am not a professional and I just want a decent value (i.e. don't want to get screwed). Mudder gave me a grest link for used prices, but it is for 2005 and older models. I'm really in the market for a 48" commercial mower with less than 500 hours on it, which is generally an '07 or newer.

I am so unsure on the correct range on good mowers because there is a wide varation from owner to owner and state to state. I've looked at a lot of Scags as they have been most abundant in my general region.

How bout a ballpark on a few scenerios:

Less than 75 hours in excellent condition - $????

Less than 300 hours in great condition - $???? good condition - $????

Less than 500-600 hours in good condition - $????

I also looked at Hustlers.....and may just spring for a SD 42" cut. That mower is in the price range I am looking to spend.

Educate me O' wise ones!!!!

tacoma200
04-27-2009, 11:18 PM
I realize this is getting bothersome....my used price questions, but I am not a professional and I just want a decent value (i.e. don't want to get screwed). Mudder gave me a grest link for used prices, but it is for 2005 and older models. I'm really in the market for a 48" commercial mower with less than 500 hours on it, which is generally an '07 or newer.

I am so unsure on the correct range on good mowers because there is a wide varation from owner to owner and state to state. I've looked at a lot of Scags as they have been most abundant in my general region.

How bout a ballpark on a few scenerios:

Less than 75 hours in excellent condition - $????

Less than 300 hours in great condition - $???? good condition - $????

Less than 500-600 hours in good condition - $????

I also looked at Hustlers.....and may just spring for a SD 42" cut. That mower is in the price range I am looking to spend.

Educate me O' wise ones!!!!

I personally search for a similar model on Ebay and that gives me a reference. Usually the buy it now price is a bit high. An Exmark or other brand should give you and idea if the Scag search doesn't yield any information. Your no bother, send me a PM if you still have trouble.

sosaysmorvant
04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
I am willing to listen to lies. :)

tacoma200
04-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Are you looking for ZTR or walk behind mower? Hours are not always a good indicator of how well the mower was taken care of. The size and brand of engine are also important.

ed2hess
04-28-2009, 09:09 PM
One of our customers bought a Scag Tiger for a low price with low usage. We took it to dealer last week. The hour meter was not working, the wiring had been all rigged none of the safeties worked. The seals on the hydro were all leaking....had other things..The estimate was over $1K. Unit had been repainted and had been heavily used. But it only cost $3800