PDA

View Full Version : Tires.. dico/turf trac, Carlisle which

Shady Brook
03-28-2002, 09:39 AM
I have bought cheap rear tires in the past for my Tiger, and they were garbage. Now I see that I can get Dico/Titan's or Carlisle's for less then I paid for the garbage. Please help me make a good choice. I don't have a to many steep hills to contend with. Nice to have some decent traction, but am most interested in a long wearing tire that is not overly abusive to the turf. Please let me know which brand, and type of tire you think is best for my application.

Thanks so much
Jay

sdwally
03-28-2002, 10:04 AM
We use many different brands, depending on whats available thru our vendor. The main item to consider is the number of plys the tire contains. Most cheap tires will only be 2 ply. Puncture easy and hard to patch. We try to buy at least 4 ply tires whenever possible. This is a thicker tire that also can be fairly easily patched.
Note that we do not plug tires, except on a rare occasion; we prefer using patches.

Shady Brook
03-28-2002, 10:48 AM
I appreciate the info clay.

Never thought about patching, may I ask why you prefre that to plugging? Also, I heard that a 6 ply is very hard, to hard. I wonder if this is true on the bigger tires as it is reported on some of the smaller ones. Reccomendations of number of plys is welcome.

Jay

Shady Brook
04-01-2002, 05:41 PM
Nobody else has an opinion on tires? :confused:

I am looking closely at the Dico/Titan multi tracks... ARe there any negatives associated with a 6 ply for the rear tires of a ztr? I would think they would last longer, and be more puncture resistant. Anyone have a thoght?

Thanks
Jay