PDA

View Full Version : Estimate Help!?!?!?!?!

lawnpro2210
04-28-2009, 04:51 PM
So i got a call from a lady today asking me if i would be interested in mowing her lawn this summer.Of course i said i would and asked how big it was.She replied 7acres.I have never done a lawn this big before.I have done one 3acre lawn that i charged $90 so i was thinking mabey around $180 to mow hers.Im not quiet shure though. im thinking $30 per acre and then knock off 1Acre to keep the cost down But i want your opinions.I have not seen the lawn yet but from what the lady says its a full 7Acres of lawn that needs to be mowed.I think i can do it i have a commercial 48'' toro proline so i think i can take it on.Replys would be greatly appriciated.Thanks Mike

Ruben Rocha
04-28-2009, 05:21 PM
7 acres is a lot of property.
If it is mostly open pasture then you could cut your price some, but if it is cross fenced and or has a lot of trees to trim around then don't change your price scheme. 7 acres is a long walk with a string trimmer.

MysticLandscape
04-28-2009, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't be caught dead cutting 7 acres with a 48 in WB. Esp for $180.

David Haggerty
04-28-2009, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't be caught dead cutting 7 acres with a 48 in WB. Esp for $180.

I read your post and thought "Heart-attack!" It's entirely possible to get caught dead trying to mow that with a WB. How long would it take to mow 7 acres with a WB? All day? More?
I have some 7-8 acre lawns and sometimes when the big mower don't run we have to mow them with the two 72" mowers. It seems like it takes forever!

But I think the price is fair, even a little generous. We Buckeyes get paid a little less than you folks in New England.

Charles
04-28-2009, 07:18 PM
So i got a call from a lady today asking me if i would be interested in mowing her lawn this summer.Of course i said i would and asked how big it was.She replied 7acres.I have never done a lawn this big before.I have done one 3acre lawn that i charged $90 so i was thinking mabey around $180 to mow hers.Im not quiet shure though. im thinking $30 per acre and then knock off 1Acre to keep the cost down But i want your opinions.I have not seen the lawn yet but from what the lady says its a full 7Acres of lawn that needs to be mowed.I think i can do it i have a commercial 48'' toro proline so i think i can take it on.Replys would be greatly appriciated.Thanks Mike

You should not worry about keeping the cost down. Have some confidence in the value of your service I would charge a lot more in my area for 7 acre's. I can't speak for your area. I just wouldn't cut a acre of land for free like you are considering. You really need a 60" to 72"+ for 7 acres. I would stick to much smaller lawns with a 48"

lawnpro2210
04-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Well if i get the job i think what i would do is mow half one day and another half the other day if that was okay with the customer.Because i dont know if i could stand on a sulky for that long lol.Thanks for the input and keep it coming
Thanks Mike

eatonpcat
04-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Well if i get the job i think what i would do is mow half one day and another half the other day if that was okay with the customer.Because i dont know if i could stand on a sulky for that long lol.Thanks for the input and keep it coming
Thanks Mike

Don't you have other accounts??

lawnpro2210
04-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Don't you have other accounts??

Yes i have about 10 other accounts.

IHusky
04-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Don't cut the acre for free!!! If you really, really, really need the money then take it on and cut half one day and the other half the next if the cutomer agrees. $180 way too low with 48 wb. Good luck.

Smittie
04-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Thats alot of acreage. I would probably charge 200 to 225. Especially if you do it with a walk behind. Sounds more like torture to me though without a Z:cry: