PDA

View Full Version : Narrowed 36" WB to two.

RhettMan
04-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Would you prefer a scag pistol grip, or toro t bar.

bigw
04-28-2009, 06:36 PM
neither
:hammerhead:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Neither, ditto. Quick all the way.

OSU 09
04-28-2009, 06:53 PM
t-bar for me

RhettMan
04-28-2009, 07:37 PM
osu, it seems most people who own a tbar like it, in your opinion what are the pros and cons of the control system?

OSU 09
04-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Biggest thing is comfort and ease of control. It is a lot nicer using the tbar system all day than squeezing on pistol grips. I would reccomend going and testing the 2 out to see what you think.

Ronniecoleman
04-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Are you selling the stander? I would get the t-bar if you had to choose between those.

Weedas_Lawn_Care
04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
im tired of pistol grips when riding on a sulkey il take anyting over pistol grips i like the exmarks new set up for WB

RhettMan
04-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Are you selling the stander? I would get the t-bar if you had to choose between those.

I wont sell the stander, it will remain my most used mower, but I want the WB so i can get back in the yards after a few days of rain like we have had. Im scared to put the stander in a few of my yards right now, dont want to rut.

Hows business?

Merlin300
04-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Toro T-bar hands down. You use very little hand muscle to operate it. I ran a T-bar for 6 yrs and went to a Exmark. I will be returning to Toro again and will never look back.

RhettMan
04-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Toro T-bar hands down. You use very little hand muscle to operate it. I ran a T-bar for 6 yrs and went to a Exmark. I will be returning to Toro again and will never look back.

Thats quite convincing, Im certainly leaning toward the toro 36 now.

I noticed that the scag seems to have a wider drive tire than the toro, have you ever had tire track problems in the turf with the toro?

Ronniecoleman
04-29-2009, 01:57 PM
I wont sell the stander, it will remain my most used mower, but I want the WB so i can get back in the yards after a few days of rain like we have had. Im scared to put the stander in a few of my yards right now, dont want to rut.

Hows business?

Business is good. My quicks can be run during all this rainfall without any problems. I will be in Westfield village all tommorow if you want to stop and check them out.

PTP
04-29-2009, 02:14 PM
I have the Toro t-bar and am quite pleased with it. It is very easy to operate. It will run through tall, wet grass with little problems.

However, it is not the lightest machine. If you are wanting it primarily to mow in wet conditions, the Quick 36 will be much better. It is very light and has very large tires. It will float on anything. However, it absolutely chokes when it comes to mowing wet or tall bermuda.

lifetree
04-29-2009, 10:08 PM
There seems to be a good cross section of feedback on here between the deep deck machines and tunnel deck machines, each type serves it's purpose well ... having said that, I like the Quick 36.

LawnTamer
04-29-2009, 10:58 PM
T-bar hands down. Though a quick would be nice too. I run T-bars tons and bunches, in all conditions.

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-30-2009, 12:46 AM
While I'll never buy another belt drive, I'd never touch a pistol grip again. T-Bar is waaaaay more user friendly.

lifetree
04-30-2009, 09:08 PM
While I'll never buy another belt drive, I'd never touch a pistol grip again. T-Bar is waaaaay more user friendly.

This is correct ... if you have to get a belt drive, T-Bar is the way to go !!

SoloSulkySurfer
04-30-2009, 09:26 PM
T-bar is nice but i hated it for making turns. With the pistol grips I tend to pull back on one side while making my turns, t-bar you really cant so your making pivot marks. thats my 2 cents. Go try both.

lifetree
04-30-2009, 09:33 PM
T-bar is nice but i hated it for making turns. With the pistol grips I tend to pull back on one side while making my turns, t-bar you really cant so your making pivot marks. thats my 2 cents. Go try both.

Interesting comment about the T-Bar !!

mkwl
04-30-2009, 09:34 PM

Yeah same here- both my belt WB's are pistol grips- I've used the ECS and T-Bar and still (strange perhaps) prefer the pistol grips.

All a matter of personal preference I guess...:waving: