PDA

View Full Version : google ranking gone, but still ranked highn on MSN & Yahoo????

birdturd9726
04-28-2009, 08:29 PM
my google ranking for my key phrases is not showing up, so i must be coming up on pages 100+. But for the same key phrases i am ranked 1 and 3 on both yahoo and MSN? What can i be doing wrong with google????

fool32696
04-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Were you ranked before? If so you're most likely being punished for some frowned upon SEO techniques.

birdturd9726
04-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Were you ranked before? If so you're most likely being punished for some frowned upon SEO techniques.

yes, i was ranked #2 then slowly dropped to #34 then #54, then i changed my website around and now im not ranked. how can i check if i have been punished, or how can i fix it.

Team-Green L&L
05-02-2009, 01:50 AM
yes, i was ranked #2 then slowly dropped to #34 then #54, then i changed my website around and now im not ranked. how can i check if i have been punished, or how can i fix it.

Here's a quick rundown on the things I'd change on your site just for some feedback. You are more-than-likely being penalized. I will analyze your inbound links and on-site stuff to see if I spot the problem:

Here are a few things:

1. Disable right-click is worthless. IE looks right past it and it's more Java. I was already ranked when I added that java, but when I'm still optimizing I will not add this script. Pandora's box will always be opened more frequently than that which is not hidden.

2. You've got a "boat-load" of hidden comment tags for EVERYTHING. That looks a bit spammy to a spider. There is no need to have a comment tag for <!--ParagraghTitle--> or <!--End Paragraph Title-->. Drop some of these and you may find it helps.

3. Your footer is "keyword-stuffed" to the guild. WOW! You are obviously using Black Hat in your footer and Google is quick to see this "old-school" tactic. Get rid of all the footer text containing zipcodes and areas serviced. Obvious spam. If it's in your footer make sure it's in your Sitemap (good rule of thumb).

Other than fixing these 3 things, I would make better use of your comment tags with keywords well placed, write 10-20 unique articles of 500-800 characters and use them as content with links to well-respected reference sites. I would then secure a couple good backlinks to the articles. So, be sure not to sound commercial in your writing, but rather, educational.

Team-Green L&L
05-02-2009, 03:46 AM
You've also some some backlinks from irrelevant sites. I would probably try to have as many backlinks as possible be relevant. Irrelevant backlinks certainly don't help, and could potentially being harming to a successful SEO campaign.

Here are the links I found to be:

Irrelevant:

www.pandrentertainment.com
www.nelogic.com
www.loveyaar.com
www.dogbreedz.com
www.coolcanine.com
www.hinduwebsite.com
www.zvents.com

Questionable:

www.rodanenterprise.com

In another language:

http://www.moje.centrum-pilki.info/
www.nord-amerika-suche.de
zoek.versatel.nl

Really, this is just a sample. You have 245 backlinks and the majority of them fall into 1 of the above negative categories. You do have some important good backlinks from dmoz and directories, but you have a tone of "spammy links". So, if I were a Google Engineer or Bot and analyzed your site to see if you were using Black Hat I would see:

1. Keyword Stuffing
2. Excessive Comment Tags
3. No alt tags on images
4. Poor Backlink Affiliates
5. Incoming Links from potentially harmful sites hosted outside the US.

just from that you would get penalized. I hope this helps some...

birdturd9726
05-03-2009, 06:21 PM
You've also some some backlinks from irrelevant sites. I would probably try to have as many backlinks as possible be relevant. Irrelevant backlinks certainly don't help, and could potentially being harming to a successful SEO campaign.

Here are the links I found to be:

Irrelevant:

www.pandrentertainment.com
www.nelogic.com
www.loveyaar.com
www.dogbreedz.com
www.coolcanine.com
www.hinduwebsite.com
www.zvents.com

Questionable:

www.rodanenterprise.com

In another language:

http://www.moje.centrum-pilki.info/
www.nord-amerika-suche.de
zoek.versatel.nl

Really, this is just a sample. You have 245 backlinks and the majority of them fall into 1 of the above negative categories. You do have some important good backlinks from dmoz and directories, but you have a tone of "spammy links". So, if I were a Google Engineer or Bot and analyzed your site to see if you were using Black Hat I would see:

1. Keyword Stuffing
2. Excessive Comment Tags
3. No alt tags on images
4. Poor Backlink Affiliates
5. Incoming Links from potentially harmful sites hosted outside the US.

just from that you would get penalized. I hope this helps some...

thanks for all the help. im working on everything. I changed my footer, & disabled the no right click. I am not sure how to delete the excessive comment tags as my site is created with webs.com using a template. I am going to be adding alt tags on my images ASAP. Also i am not sure how i got all these back links to places outside of the US. Can you tell me what i can do to help my site regain ranking. Thanks

Team-Green L&L
05-05-2009, 10:45 AM
I would do everything I could to correct the above. You can delete the comment tags with any HTML editor; I use Dreamweaver or Notepad. In this case, I would just delete them on notepad and re-upload to the server.

As far the links, I would email each site a request to discontinue the link. I would counter all the negative incoming links with positive outgoing links accompanied by a link request sent to the webmaster of your positive link partners asking them to supply you a link that would benefit their traffic. If you are personal with them, they will respond. I give links to those who take the time to ask me for one in a polite way and mutually-benefiting way.

I would add "nofollow" tags to any link that was not relevant to my industry or purpose.

Lastly, I would create a sitemap (manually) and upload it to Google's Webmaster Central. The new sitemap should only include the pages you want indexed.

birdturd9726
05-07-2009, 11:15 PM
I would do everything I could to correct the above. You can delete the comment tags with any HTML editor; I use Dreamweaver or Notepad. In this case, I would just delete them on notepad and re-upload to the server.

As far the links, I would email each site a request to discontinue the link. I would counter all the negative incoming links with positive outgoing links accompanied by a link request sent to the webmaster of your positive link partners asking them to supply you a link that would benefit their traffic. If you are personal with them, they will respond. I give links to those who take the time to ask me for one in a polite way and mutually-benefiting way.

I would add "nofollow" tags to any link that was not relevant to my industry or purpose.

Lastly, I would create a sitemap (manually) and upload it to Google's Webmaster Central. The new sitemap should only include the pages you want indexed.

thanks!!
how do i find all 245 backlinks???
how do i create a sitemanp manually

Team-Green L&L
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
thanks!!
how do i find all 245 backlinks???
how do i create a sitemanp manually

Here is a site to check all your backlinks: http://wholinkstome.com/

To create a sitemap. You will need to know how one is written and I don't have the time, nor the patience to try to teach that in a forum. Use this site to create a sitemap of ALL your pages/links and then open up the sitemap (uncompressed) with Notepad and delete all the entries that have no value to a search engine. http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

birdturd9726
05-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Here is a site to check all your backlinks: http://wholinkstome.com/

To create a sitemap. You will need to know how one is written and I don't have the time, nor the patience to try to teach that in a forum. Use this site to create a sitemap of ALL your pages/links and then open up the sitemap (uncompressed) with Notepad and delete all the entries that have no value to a search engine. http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

i created a sitemap using that site and just uploaded it to google. do i need to delete the unwanted pages. The only pages i would think are unwanted would be photo album pages, but yet the descriptions sometimes rank top 10 in google.

Team-Green L&L
05-10-2009, 10:50 AM
i created a sitemap using that site and just uploaded it to google. do i need to delete the unwanted pages. The only pages i would think are unwanted would be photo album pages, but yet the descriptions sometimes rank top 10 in google.

I wouldn't delete a photo gallery from my sitemap. I would make sure that every photo in my gallery had a descriptive alt tag that both, make's sense to someone who is blind, as well as contains keywords. That is done in the HTML of the page itself though, not the sitemap. If your sitemap only contains Top Tier pages (pages that are linked from the Home Page) then there is no reason to delete anything on the sitemap.

steveparrott
05-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Bird,

I feel your pain.

A few suggestions (some already mentioned).

1. Get rid of the keywords in your footer (you're definately penalized for those) - replace them with text links to all the major pages in your site.

2. Add text cross-links to the content throughout your site. For example, in your service area text, you mention clean-ups. Make the word "clean-ups" a link to your services page. Google likes cross-linking because it is a valid way to make the site content more accessible.

3. I read in the posts that you have hundreds of back-links. According to Google, you have zero valid back-links. You need to find good sites (chamber of commerce, professional associations, paid directories, etc) that have a good Google ranking (3 or above) and get your link posted there. Press releases and articles are also great for back-links. Whenever possible make these back links contain your target keywords.

By the way, if you don't already know, one of the little known features of the Google toolbar is the tools option that shows page rank. It puts a little rectangular box in your toolbar that displays a green bar indicating the Google page rank of the current page. If you mouse over the bar it shows the numerical rank and also allows you to click on the backward links report.

Good luck!

birdturd9726
05-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Bird,

I feel your pain.

A few suggestions (some already mentioned).

1. Get rid of the keywords in your footer (you're definately penalized for those) - replace them with text links to all the major pages in your site.

2. Add text cross-links to the content throughout your site. For example, in your service area text, you mention clean-ups. Make the word "clean-ups" a link to your services page. Google likes cross-linking because it is a valid way to make the site content more accessible.

3. I read in the posts that you have hundreds of back-links. According to Google, you have zero valid back-links. You need to find good sites (chamber of commerce, professional associations, paid directories, etc) that have a good Google ranking (3 or above) and get your link posted there. Press releases and articles are also great for back-links. Whenever possible make these back links contain your target keywords.

By the way, if you don't already know, one of the little known features of the Google toolbar is the tools option that shows page rank. It puts a little rectangular box in your toolbar that displays a green bar indicating the Google page rank of the current page. If you mouse over the bar it shows the numerical rank and also allows you to click on the backward links report.

Good luck!

thank you very much. ive been so busy so i have only been able to work on the site a little at a time. I changed the footer, and requested some back links to be deleted and now im back up on google. No great ranking, but its a start. Thanks for all your help and keep any more tips coming.