PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Indy

ThePrivateGardener
04-28-2009, 10:31 PM
I have been maintaining a property for almost a year for a nice lady on the North side of Indianapolis. Odds and ends of mowing, weeding, design/build, house upkeep and sorts. Her friends noticed the changes and started requesting my services to improve their properties as well. This spring I decided to start The Private Gardener "Lawn and landscapes custom tailored for you" and have had growing success. Last week I finally had to make the decision to stay at my full time job or turn my own work away, so I left my state job. I have over 10 years experience in the horticulture field working for others in the nursery, landscaping and lawn maintenance areas, I even taught high school agriculture for 3 years. I love the outdoors and taking something from conception to completion with success. All of my clients are by word of mouth with no commercial advertising being done currently. I am very small, no employees, working with a trailer and keeping overhead low for this first year. That being said I don't undercut to get the jobs, I stay very competitive in my price with the established companies. The Private Gardener offers mowing/maintenance, design/build landscaping, shrub trimming, mulching, spring/fall cleanups, and an annual flower program for businesses. In the future I hope to offer the snow and ice management as I love to combat the snow, however there are so many tempting offers from others doing it for them; that right now I don't see outlaying the expense for the equipment. Like I stated I'm small but hey we all had to start somewhere. I love the site and I am just getting started in reading all the post already here. I look forward to any response, whether I like it or not, on anything I might post here as that is the only way to truly see if it may be something good or not. Well time to wrap up and say Hello from Indy, best of luck to all this year. :waving:

DLAWNS
04-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Welcome to the site...I look forward to talking with you.

atasteofnature
04-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Hello from Northern Indiana and welcome!!! Best wishes for you and your business in the future.