PDA

View Full Version : Time to brag (or moan) - how much revenue / how many customers do you have?

MyLawnBiz
04-28-2009, 11:54 PM
OK, time to brag or piss against the wind...My question is - How much Revenue did you bring in last year and how much do you expect to bring in this year? More or less? How many customers do you have now and how does it compare to last year? For those of you growing in this bad economy, what do you do for marketing? For those of you contracting, what do you do for advertising?

Lawnworks
04-29-2009, 12:34 AM
OK, time to brag or piss against the wind...My question is - How much Revenue did you bring in last year and how much do you expect to bring in this year? More or less? How many customers do you have now and how does it compare to last year? For those of you growing in this bad economy, what do you do for marketing? For those of you contracting, what do you do for advertising?

Are you offerring a commission or do you want everyone to just give away their strategies so that all the local competion can see?

Billie Bob's LLC
04-29-2009, 01:44 AM
im with lawnworks, but lets just say i " started " over this year and have got about 35 weekly lawn maintenance accounts in a little over a month. i made a great flyer design that delivers a simple message at the right time. works like a charm. only passed about 1800 of them and plan on doing 10-12000 2-4 times this season. should be set in a few months.

fool32696
04-29-2009, 04:30 AM
Compared to 2008, I've more than doubled my gross so far. I hope things keep up.

bohiaa
04-29-2009, 09:17 AM
as long as I bring 300,000.00 a year, I will survive.

funny you ask this, I was complaning just a month ago.

trying to increase my net worth

while all of the solo guys were giving me crap, they think this is a lot of money..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Big C
04-29-2009, 11:51 AM
What?...brag and jinx myself.....or Moan and jinx myself even more.....I'll pass on this one.:nono::laugh:

Lawnworks
04-30-2009, 12:03 AM
as long as I bring 300,000.00 a year, I will survive.

funny you ask this, I was complaning just a month ago.

trying to increase my net worth

while all of the solo guys were giving me crap, they think this is a lot of money..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

300k net or gross?

Trying to increase your net worth? How? I think most people on these forums could not tell you the definition of net worth!

TXNSLighting
04-30-2009, 12:27 AM
300k net or gross?

Trying to increase your net worth? How? I think most people on these forums could not tell you the definition of net worth!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Josh.S
04-30-2009, 12:58 AM

How are you going to start a thread asking everybody to give away their numbers without giving out yours!?

Lawnworks
04-30-2009, 01:03 AM
How are you going to start a thread asking everybody to give away their numbers without giving out yours!?

Exactly, and we our going to just give out information that we have found to work that cost us tens of thousands of dollars by trial and error and countless hours creating and implementing.

S.I.
05-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Um.......ya.......I don't think so.

bigw
05-01-2009, 01:40 AM
999 accounts and 1 millon dollars my first year....Top secret sales advertising so i cant tell ya :nono:

coolluv
05-01-2009, 12:01 PM
im with lawnworks, but lets just say i " started " over this year and have got about 35 weekly lawn maintenance accounts in a little over a month. i made a great flyer design that delivers a simple message at the right time. works like a charm. only passed about 1800 of them and plan on doing 10-12000 2-4 times this season. should be set in a few months.

I'm just curious as to what you are charging for these lawns and what size are they? Thats a great response rate and closing rate for just 1800 flyers. You closed 35 sales out of how many responses to your flyer. You must be closing every sale. You must be one hell of a salesman. You must be the only LCO in your area.

If you are charging market rates for your area, then that is one hell of a flyer and you are one hell of a salesman. I would pay for your services if you would teach me your secrets.

Dave...

bohiaa
05-02-2009, 10:33 AM
300k net or gross?

my net worth. liquid, and tangable assets,

Damn insurance co. keep raising my tangables up up and up.

according to my insurance co. things are changing for this year.

MyLawnBiz
05-02-2009, 10:54 AM
We did about 215K end ended the season with 150 customers. We had a higher attrition rate than normal, only keeping about 118 customers. We've grown to 205 customers at last count, projecting to do in the 250-275K range this year. Our marketing strategy this year was to offer a free cutting, but only for weekly customers on monthly or annual contracts and bring the price down a bit for new customers, and it worked very well. OK, ladies! Geez. The replies on this thread are a joke. Isn't the point of this site to share information? What a bunch of tight-asses. If you knew anything about this business you'd know the secret is in the execution of the work, not some f'ing gimmick or sharing of top double-super secrets. They don't exist.

TXNSLighting
05-02-2009, 11:08 PM
We did about 215K end ended the season with 150 customers. We had a higher attrition rate than normal, only keeping about 118 customers. We've grown to 205 customers at last count, projecting to do in the 250-275K range this year. Our marketing strategy this year was to offer a free cutting, but only for weekly customers on monthly or annual contracts and bring the price down a bit for new customers, and it worked very well. OK, ladies! Geez. The replies on this thread are a joke. Isn't the point of this site to share information? What a bunch of tight-asses. If you knew anything about this business you'd know the secret is in the execution of the work, not some f'ing gimmick or sharing of top double-super secrets. They don't exist.

I like how you have one of Eric Elms pictures on your website...

JB1
05-02-2009, 11:13 PM
I like how you have one of Eric Elms pictures on your website...

Its always good to copy from the best.

kootoomootoo
05-02-2009, 11:52 PM
205 (allegedly) customers and has to use Eric's (RIP) pic.

Of course there is a note pointing that fact out on your website to potential customers (NOT)...that this pic is another contractors work.

E

LouisianaLawnboy
05-03-2009, 12:43 AM
my net worth. liquid, and tangable assets,

So you have a fishnet, a soda, and an orange:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: