PDA

View Full Version : Resume Blues

LouisianaLawnboy
04-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Anybody has a good LCO resume? I've looked and can't find any on LS.

LouisianaLawnboy
04-29-2009, 08:13 AM
anybody???

bohiaa
04-29-2009, 08:19 AM
do you mean from the company? or someone looking for work ?

ALC-GregH
04-29-2009, 08:50 AM
This is something you really can't copy. Each resume will be different. If your looking to give them to potential customers as a referral then you need to just write one yourself similar to the way you would write one for a job your applying for. It would basically show them what you have already achieved and what your potential is as far as lawn and landscape maintenance is concerned.

LouisianaLawnboy
04-29-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm looking to hire someone and would like someone to give me a really good resume for me to give out.

Smittie
04-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Try google Job application forms.

Smittie
04-29-2009, 03:00 PM
I just did and 30,000,000 results showed up. Surely one of these you can use.

brucec32
04-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Do you mean job applications? A Resume' is something you hand to an employer that has your qualifications on it.

LouisianaLawnboy
04-29-2009, 07:05 PM
OK then job application.

dwlah
04-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Check at staples/office depot
They have standard job apps

bohiaa
05-02-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm still confussed............ What does this guy want?

LBLC_LCO
05-02-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm looking to hire someone and would like someone to give me a really good resume for me to give out.

I think he wants applications.

Like someone else said, check the office stores for some.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/374769/Adams-Application-For-Employment-8-1/

Doug1966
05-02-2009, 06:42 PM
If you don't know the difference between a job application and a resume you aren't ready to begin hiring staff.

I'm guessing you don't have an employee training and safety manual yet either? What are you going to give them when they start on the first day?

LouisianaLawnboy
05-02-2009, 07:33 PM
If you don't know the difference between a job application and a resume you aren't ready to begin hiring staff.

I'm guessing you don't have an employee training and safety manual yet either? What are you going to give them when they start on the first day?

OK. Since you want the whole story. I've been having a helper for about a YEAR now so I'm READY to hire staff. I just started becoming legal this year and would like my helper that I currently have to fill out a job application so I can have a record for him and so I can start taking out taxes.

bohiaa
05-03-2009, 08:20 AM
you dont need a resume. simply ask this employee for his information. then start paying taxes on him....

as far as the other. I think what your trying to do is build a team.
this is a GREAT thing, also VERY expensive. dont be surprised if you wade through 30 to 40 people. only to find one that knows what he's talking about. then hire him get him trained only to find him leave your Co. for a better one.

then lucky you, you get to start the entire process over again.

what you will find is that most LABORS, dont have a resume. they simply dont need it.
you will have to do research and find out what " in your area " you can and and can NOT durring the application process.
one way is to go to a fast food place and get one of there's and build from that.
Last time I hired I recived around 30 phone calls. got about 10 guys show up to fill out an app. and I didn't NOT hire anyone from that pool of apps.

some were over quailfied, some were under, some were convicts. I just didn't get a good batch.

Best of luck

Hortus
05-03-2009, 10:17 AM
No offense, but just an inquiry.

What do you mean or consider a person as being over qualified?

Last time I hired I recived around 30 phone calls. got about 10 guys show up to fill out an app. and I didn't NOT hire anyone from that pool of apps.

some were over quailfied, some were under, some were convicts. I just didn't get a good batch.

Best of luck

brucec32
05-03-2009, 10:42 AM
No offense, but just an inquiry.

What do you mean or consider a person as being over qualified?

Overqualfied usually refers to someone who is likely to start work for you but will likely be looking for a better job immediately and so is highly likely to leave soon. They're also more likely to be unhappy with the lower level position. It's expensive and time wasting to constantly be turning over employees so they want to avoid this.

An example would be a guy with 10 years experience as a foreman who is applying for an entry level job at half his previous pay because his previous employer folded or cut back. Obviously he will jump at the chance if he finds someone else is hiring foremen and you are paying him much less.

bohiaa
05-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Overqualfied usually refers to someone who is likely to start work for you but will likely be looking for a better job immediately and so is highly likely to leave soon. They're also more likely to be unhappy with the lower level position. It's expensive and time wasting to constantly be turning over employees so they want to avoid this.

An example would be a guy with 10 years experience as a foreman who is applying for an entry level job at half his previous pay because his previous employer folded or cut back. Obviously he will jump at the chance if he finds someone else is hiring foremen and you are paying him much less.

Well Said:

a few months ago. " while I had an ad running " a plant closed down in our town. I got flooded with calls. some of these guys had 10 and 20 yrs with this factory.
making 25 to 30 an hour. there's NO way I could even consider hireing them or anyone from the factory.