PDA

View Full Version : Up / Down light

worx
04-29-2009, 01:52 PM
I am looking for an up/down light that will effectively light a column 18 ft in height. Brass/Copper preferably.
thanks,

TXNSLighting
04-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Pretty well any bullet light will accomplish that. Its just all in your bulb. 35w narrow beam will do it. I would recommend the pulsar of course.

Alan B
04-29-2009, 03:03 PM
I am looking for an up/down light that will effectively light a column 18 ft in height. Brass/Copper preferably.
thanks,

http://www.landscapelightingworld.com/volt-corp-lighting-a/178.htm and
http://www.landscapelightingworld.com/Volt-Top-Dog-Bullet-p/180-br-p.htm
(Ships immediately, login for wholesale pricing)

It was built partly with lawnsite suggestions on what contractors wanted. I'd love to have more lawnsite contractors try them so you can hear independant feedback from users.

Lite4
04-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Check out this thread you should find what you need. If you are going 18' up or down I would recomend going with a BBF 20 watt MR 16 lamp. That should give you all the punch you need for that linear application.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=238806

worx
04-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks for pulling up that link Tim, just what I needed.

I thought about the Orion and Copper Moons up/down but I wasn't sure if they had the "kick" to provide adequate light.:confused:

worx
04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Pretty well any bullet light will accomplish that. Its just all in your bulb. 35w narrow beam will do it. I would recommend the pulsar of course.

I need the up/down combo fixture.

JoeyD
04-29-2009, 06:35 PM
If you go with a 12v orion 9 or 12 Steve it will accept MR16's so you will have all the pop you need!!!!

TXNSLighting
04-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Ha woops misread! Joey answered it... geez long day..

kansashoosier
04-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Ha woops misread! Joey answered it... geez long day..

Was it a long day at 2:39p.m. when you made your initial recommendation? When you make it personal, get used to the responses that generates.

TXNSLighting
04-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Are you Fing kidding me? Personal?? This is the dam internet...geezzz, leave this place. We dont need idiots like you around. And yeh it had already been a long ass day. Full of stress, but im sure you wouldnt know what that is.

kansashoosier
04-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Are you Fing kidding me? Personal?? This is the dam internet...geezzz, leave this place. We dont need idiots like you around. And yeh it had already been a long ass day. Full of stress, but im sure you wouldnt know what that is.

When you question someone's intelligence, as you did mine in another post, you make it personal. And stress is self induced when you can't handle obstacles that are placed in front of you. I don't have that problem. And I'm not leaving any time soon. As for me being an idiot, I'm not the one who has to reduce myself to name calling instead of having a disagreeable discourse.

TXNSLighting
04-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey just callin it like i see it. Have a goodn!

NightLightingFX
04-29-2009, 09:52 PM
When you question someone's intelligence, as you did mine in another post, you make it personal. And stress is self induced when you can't handle obstacles that are placed in front of you. I don't have that problem. And I'm not leaving any time soon. As for me being an idiot, I'm not the one who has to reduce myself to name calling instead of having a disagreeable discourse.

Hey Bud,
Lighten-up. This is a forum on outdoor lighting with threads for individual topics. I don't want to read someone whining about personal attacks from another thread. If you have a problem with someone PM them and get it staightned out. We don't have to witness your little cat fight.
~Ned
P.S. If you don't want to be called Bud than get a little more personal with us and leave your name.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Vista make a very nice MR16 lamped UP/DOWN light. It is available in Copper, Brass or Powdercoat Aluminum.

Hunza makes some wicked SS UP/DOWN Fixtures.... very $$$$

Nightscaping makes the Dualliter, a copper Up/down light. sort of rustic in design.

Then there are those by BK, Vision3, Lumascape, and on and on.

It is a very popular format.

Lite4
04-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Was it a long day at 2:39p.m. when you made your initial recommendation? When you make it personal, get used to the responses that generates.

Hey BUD, if you are going to be an A$$, quit being a sissy and hiding behind some alias name. Its awfully easy to take shots at people without repercussions when nobody knows who you and your company really are!

kansashoosier
04-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Hey BUD, if you are going to be an A$$, quit being a sissy and hiding behind some alias name. Its awfully easy to take shots at people without repercussions when nobody knows who you and your company really are!

I sent you a pm telling you exactly who I was.

worx
04-30-2009, 08:59 AM
If you go with a 12v orion 9 or 12 Steve it will accept MR16's so you will have all the pop you need!!!!

Joey the Orion was my first thought, but the 9 and 12 will be a little too wide bodied for this app. But then again,..........maybe the 9....I'll see.

JoeyD
04-30-2009, 09:53 AM
No worries ! Lots of good options out there by legit manufacturers! You will find what you need! Good luck bud!!

Lite4
04-30-2009, 12:16 PM

You don't have enough posts to send PMs. I tried to send you one and it wouldn't let me. Didn't see anything posted in my inbox either. We have an existing thread started to introduce new posters to the site and allow them to tell us a little bit about themselves.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=202404

NightLightingFX
04-30-2009, 03:27 PM

Hey Bud,
What is so hard hard about posting your name and business??? All the regulars here do it. The guys you are "whinning" about do it. If you aren't man enough to take a little pilling-on, and and you are annonomous why should we respect anything you have to say? I am calling you "Bud" since you don't like and for some reason you don't want to share with us who you are?
~Ned