PDA

View Full Version : Zach's Lawn Care

Reefsuring
04-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Well, I'm new to this site, but a veteran to mowing. My business started with an old Murray 22" push mower with a 3.75 Sprint B&S motor. I bought it at a yard sale for $4. I used that thing for many a summer until I got a new Craftsman 625 series self propelled mower. I had many mowers given to me, none of which held up as good as the old Murray. My business was sparked by a friend of mine who needed someone to mow his rental houses. I started there and worked my way into mowing my neighbors yards. At one time I mowed almost every house on my street! Not bad for a high schooler. I'm now in college and just started my 6th mowing season. I now have the Craftsman, a Poulan Pro weedeater I just bought, and when needed, I use my dad's Poulan 13.5 38" lawn tractor. I still mostly just use the push mower and the weedeater, but they get the job done and make the yards look great. I'm still just a small timer, but the money is good, and some of the big guys use my services when they can't get to a yard, so I have come a long way from where I started. One thing about having low maintenance equipment, you can always out price the big guys lol.

Ben's Landscape
04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Good job starting in the BIZ. I am also in high school and i know how it can be hard to balance the lawn jobs and school. Good luck this season.

Reefsuring
04-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks man, good luck to you to.

mowerdude777
04-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Good start I wish you luck in your future

Reefsuring
04-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks bro, good luck to you to.