PDA

View Full Version : My new Classen

MOW ED
03-28-2002, 06:57 PM
I am still feeling pretty bad about the events dealing with Eric but I must say that he was the one who recommended the Classen/Lesco aerator that I just got today. Its the 48rt 3 point hitch model. Amazingly the color combination is Red-aerator white and blue tractor.

A big thanks to RPM sales and Capt Devo in particular, he truly is a super salesman and I highly recommend that you check him out for future purchases. I saved big $$$ with him. Take care all, its almost time to work again.

stslawncare
03-28-2002, 07:23 PM
looks like a heavy duty piece of equipment, congrats on ur purchase, nice tractor also. whats the weight of the aerator?

Lawn-Scapes
03-28-2002, 07:39 PM
Mow Ed,

I aerated 2 lawns today with my 48" Lesco.. also because of Eric's recommendation.

I like that tractor.. What kind is it? How much would it cost to find/buy one similar? I would really like one with a front loader.. I don't know much about tractors.. can a loader be added to yours? You have any recommendations? Compact tractor with 3pt/loader.. ~$5,000.00. Is that possible?

So how much was it (aerator)???

MOW ED
03-29-2002, 07:19 AM
Hi guys, specs on the unit are:

Standard unit comes equipped for 3-pt hitch category "0" or "1". Stub tongue and transort wheels for tow-behind operation are optional equipment. Transport wheels operate on a pivot with a removable lever or power activated action. Maximum towing speed is 10 mph.

FEATURES:
Heavy duty weight tray to add as much weight as you need.
Rugged 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" solid square steel frame for durability.
3/4" O.D. tines, case-hardened, virtually unpluggable.
Pneumatic tires.
Movable transport wheels swing up when operating.
SPECIFICATIONS:
Weight................(With empty weight tray).................225 lbs.
Frame...................................1-1/2" x 1-1/2" solid square,
2" x 2" x 1/4" angle steel
Width.............................................................................42"

(4', 5', and 6' widths also available)
Height............................................................................30"
Length...........................................................................24"
Aerating Width............................................................42"
Coring Depth.......................................................up to 4"
Hole Pattern.....................................................5-1/4" x 7"
Tines................................48 - 3/4" O.D. case-hardened
Capacity..........................Depends on speed of tractor
Hitch...........................................Category 0, Category 1

price = 1048.00 delivered

The tractor is a Mitsubishi MT 372. Its a 6 speed 2wd 15hp diesel.
I got it off of E-Bay around Thanksgiving last year. It has a 3 speed rear PTO and can be equipped with a front one also. It has a Cat 1 three point hitch. There is no down pressure on the 3 point. It also has posi-traction on demand. The turning radius is about 21 inches which is pretty good. The rear tires are 16" and are as big as my trucks tires but they are turf tread. The tractor is a little bigger than a larger lawn tractor and it weighs just about 1000 lbs without the attatchment.
I am looking forward to using it. It pulls my loaded trailer like it was a kids wagon. There are a few of these around and in the future I plan on getting a pto driven pump and set my sprayer up for it.
The tractor can handle a loader option and you can also build one yourself if you are a handy guy. It is built like a tank.
The only drawback with the gray market tractors is that I have been told that parts can be expensive, but they are available. Maintenance parts, like filters are cheap as they are crossed with Fram and Napa.
Time to play.

captdevo
03-29-2002, 07:34 AM
looks nice!

those classen aerators are tough to beat.

i hooked onto a 60" 3pt/tow with my Blade Runner 27hp diesel and had 2"- 3" dirt turds flyin' at 15mph with no extra weight.

------------------------------------

with no weights added:

48r 3pt aerator weighs approx. 225lbs
48rt 3pt/tow weighs 320lbs.
60r 3pt 270lbs
60rt 3pt/tow 375lbs.
72r 330lbs.
84r 375lbs.

------------------------------------

i saw that mitsu and missed the bid....(darn)

i've had a few like that. they make a super tractor.

I'm glad you're pleased with your purchase.

HBFOXJr
03-29-2002, 09:34 AM
The timnes are spaced farther apart on these than walk behinds. Do you double aerate?

stslawncare
03-29-2002, 10:24 AM
that big tractor is only 15 hp? u can tell by the looks of that aerator that its heavy duty, the specs on it back that up even more.