PDA

View Full Version : What should Joy get her boyfriend for his graduation?

Dano50
04-30-2009, 10:55 AM
This thread (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=272666&highlight=fluid+film) has become so funny it has to become a contest. Come up with the suggestion she actually uses (or the one with the most popular response) and win a free big can of Fluid Film! :laugh: :drinkup:

DLAWNS
05-01-2009, 08:52 AM
This thread (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=272666&highlight=fluid+film) has become so funny it has to become a contest. Come up with the suggestion she actually uses (or the one with the most popular response) and win a free big can of Fluid Film! :laugh: :drinkup:

Ha Ha! I can't believe that...Joy asks a simple question and gets a 7 page thread. I'm not as clever as some of the others, but I would say a trip to Hawaii.

grandview (2006)
05-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Well my guess is she should take him for a high quality wardrobe ,some really nice suits so this way he gets a good job to support her and their 3 children they are going to have. :clapping:

PROCUT1
05-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I suggest the same thing my wife gives me once a year for my birthday....

Post reply...Dont post reply.....Post reply.....Done post reply......I gotta.....No thats wrong in so many ways.......post reply......dont.....post reply....flip a coin...

JoyofFluidFilm
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
what the hell? why is there a contest about ME????
man, you guys..i swear...freakin Dano50...ok...let me know what you guys come up with...
right now, im thinking...trip to hawaii, disneyworld, disneyland and then going to Legoland or six Flags

grandview (2006)
05-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Joy if you take him to Hawaii the mood might hit you to.:hammerhead:

http://www.hawaiiweddings.tv/hawaii2.jpg

JoyofFluidFilm
05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
um, no, i dont think im looking forward to marriage anytime SOON...me and my boyfriend are waay too young to get married...lol...wow, thats a scary thought...:dizzy:

DLAWNS
05-05-2009, 08:01 PM
How are you too young? You said that you're in your twenties. I'm 25 and my wife is 23 and we'll be married three years this August.:waving:

QualityLawnCare4u
05-05-2009, 08:58 PM
man, you guys..i swear...freakin Dano50...ok...let me know what you guys come up with...
right now, im thinking...trip to hawaii, disneyworld, disneyland and then going to Legoland or six Flags

Ummm, are not you and Dano on the same team?:laugh:

JoyofFluidFilm
05-06-2009, 12:39 PM
yes, we are on the same team..i just need some ideas on what to get my boyfriend for graduation..thats all...thanks guys..it would really help me..

FDuce
05-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I took my girlfriend (now wife) to Cancun when she graduated. She rented us a secluded cabin in a woods for a long weekend when I graduated.

I vote a stripper that pops out of a giant cake shaped like a graduation hat (not to be confused with "striper" which is attached to a mower...that wouldn't be as fun), or if you are on a budget...skip the cake part.:clapping::dancing::drinkup:

JoyofFluidFilm
05-06-2009, 06:59 PM
hmmm...after the whole swine flu /h1n1 virus, i dont think mexico is such a good idea. as for the stripper, that is a NO...
im thinking...maybe i should just buy me a nice sony dst700 camera, and go shopping...thats if i dont have a good enough idea of what to get him..hehe ...

grandview (2006)
05-06-2009, 09:16 PM
A video camera would be better,this way you could post some ummmm videos for us!:cool2:

Lux Lawn
05-06-2009, 11:36 PM

Hawaii is nice anytime of year.

4.3mudder
05-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Florida would be nice, out on the beach, I know he would love it out there.

JoyofFluidFilm
05-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Florida does sound nice. but lux lawn mentioned a weekend getaway...which sounds even better...considering the fact that i've not been with my bf that long.
man, still confused....still debating whether or not i should just go shopping or buy him some flowers or take him on a cruise...owell.....5 more months to decide...

JoyofFluidFilm
05-07-2009, 01:02 PM
How are you too young? You said that you're in your twenties. I'm 25 and my wife is 23 and we'll be married three years this August.:waving:

I am too young! i still need to travel around the world, visit Europe, Australia, Japan, and all those other places, and i still need to party and do all those things before i have kids and get married and be on "lock down" mode...lmao..im just kidding..how is married life?

DLAWNS
05-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I am too young! i still need to travel around the world, visit Europe, Australia, Japan, and all those other places, and i still need to party and do all those things before i have kids and get married and be on "lock down" mode...lmao..im just kidding..how is married life?

It's great. We still party pretty regularly. Maybe a little less than we used to but that's probably a good thing. I'm still recovering from last night.:dizzy:....We do everything together and I got really lucky. My wife is not like most girls. She is a really chill girl. Marriage (at least in my case) is not as bad as some people say.

I do like your idea of maybe doing a weekend thing being that you've only been with him for a few months. Either way...keep us updated. Good luck!

Lux Lawn
05-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Florida does sound nice. but lux lawn mentioned a weekend getaway...which sounds even better...considering the fact that i've not been with my bf that long.
man, still confused....still debating whether or not i should just go shopping or buy him some flowers or take him on a cruise...owell.....5 more months to decide...

Joy, don't buy him flowers guys don't like that.

JoyofFluidFilm
05-08-2009, 12:17 PM
some guys like flowers...dont they? can you guys give me a list of what you would find appropriate as a graduation gift from your gf?
Keep in mind, I've only been with him since january of 2009 but i love him to death.

you guys have been great...keep the ideas coming...

Lux Lawn
05-08-2009, 10:59 PM
some guys like flowers...dont they? can you guys give me a list of what you would find appropriate as a graduation gift from your gf?
Keep in mind, I've only been with him since january of 2009 but i love him to death.

you guys have been great...keep the ideas coming...

How about a nice watch or tickets to a sporting event he might want to see. Whats his favorite team? Maybe take him to another city out of town to see that team play.

THEGOLDPRO
05-08-2009, 11:12 PM
i cant believe your even concidering an expensive trip when you have only been dating for a few months, get him something simple, a watch, new clothes,a gps for his car,does he have any hobbies???

JoyofFluidFilm
05-09-2009, 12:17 AM
hes not really into sports...well, he watches basketball, but not sure what team hes for. hobbies? he likes music, he loves to work out all the time 24/7, and loves our dog, goldie. i guess i could get him a gps...and maybe a trip is a little too much. I got him tickets to see Journey, Nickelback, Hinder, and Coldplay...maybe i am spoiling him a bit too much?....

Lux Lawn
05-10-2009, 11:56 PM
hes not really into sports...well, he watches basketball, but not sure what team hes for. hobbies? he likes music, he loves to work out all the time 24/7, and loves our dog, goldie. i guess i could get him a gps...and maybe a trip is a little too much. I got him tickets to see Journey, Nickelback, Hinder, and Coldplay...maybe i am spoiling him a bit too much?....

Joy, I am trying to help you.

JoyofFluidFilm
05-11-2009, 01:16 PM
thank you thank you..i need all the help i can get...

OrangeToys
05-12-2009, 03:54 PM
give him some Fluid Flim.

JoyofFluidFilm
05-13-2009, 01:20 PM
FLuid film? really? hmm..i need something more special than that...lol..jk...fluid film is a great gift to give someone...so buy some cans and give it out as a birthday present..hehe...

OrangeToys
05-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Take a day off work and you drive aroung town doing whatever he wants to do. Make the day all about him.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
05-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Get him a framed picture of yourself...that way he has something to look at while you fly out to St. Louis and we head to the Lake of the Ozarks and party it up...it is just about lake season....lol

JoyofFluidFilm
05-14-2009, 12:16 PM
denbow, we already drive around the sf bay area and do whatever he wants to do...which is usually up to ME...lol...

as for pictures, he has pictures of me on his wall...lmao...and in his wallet...i make sure of that..ahaha....

i know he wants a rolex watch...like i can afford that:confused:..i know that at the flea market, they have imitation "bolex";).....AHAHAHAHAAHA.:laugh:..you can buy it for $25 but hes not into fake stuff...

Lux Lawn
05-14-2009, 07:29 PM
we already drive around the sf bay area and do whatever he wants to do...which is usually up to ME...lol...

as for pictures, he has pictures of me on his wall...lmao...and in his wallet...i make sure of that..ahaha....

i know he wants a rolex watch...like i can afford that:confused:..

So he pretty much does what you say already after 4 months, we know who wears the pants here. :laugh:.

Can't afford a Rolex...Doesn't FF offer overtime?????
J/K

JoyofFluidFilm
05-15-2009, 12:24 PM
So he pretty much does what you say already after 4 months, we know who wears the pants here. :laugh:.

Can't afford a Rolex...Doesn't FF offer overtime?????
J/K

Im a feisty tough girl...:weightlifter: so if he doesnt listen to what i say...:hammerhead: ill go crazy like every other girl does...lmao..jk jk...
Does Fluid film offer overtime???hmm...you know, I should ask dano about that...Thats a good question....:laugh:

QualityLawnCare4u
05-15-2009, 01:12 PM
denbow, we already drive around the sf bay area and do whatever he wants to do...which is usually up to ME...lol...

i know he wants a rolex watch...like i can afford that:confused:..i know that at the flea market, they have imitation "bolex";).....AHAHAHAHAAHA.:laugh:..you can buy it for $25 but hes not into fake stuff...

hes not into fake stuff

Then make sure you don't ever have plastic surgery or implants if he likes the real thing. You can afford a Rolex, just charge it to Dano's account.

Dano50
05-15-2009, 01:25 PM
My visa card just got canceled. Thanks Joy! :hammerhead:

JoyofFluidFilm
05-15-2009, 02:32 PM
My visa card just got canceled. Thanks Joy! :hammerhead:

it didnt get canceled... and even if it did, im sure there are more company credit cards...:laugh:

JoyofFluidFilm
06-01-2009, 03:50 PM
hes not into fake stuff

Then make sure you don't ever have plastic surgery or implants if he likes the real thing. You can afford a Rolex, just charge it to Dano's account.

Whats the best present you guys received from your girl friend or wife?

grandview (2006)
06-01-2009, 07:44 PM

Great, just what we need 200 deleted posts!:hammerhead:

Lucky Star Lawn Care
06-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Great, just what we need 200 deleted posts!:hammerhead:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JoyofFluidFilm
06-04-2009, 01:14 PM
hey whats that supposed to mean?

QualityLawnCare4u
06-04-2009, 06:59 PM
hey whats that supposed to mean?

Do you really want an honest answer to that question?:rolleyes: I'm affraid most post would get cancelled because they might be "inappropriate".:laugh:

JoyofFluidFilm
06-05-2009, 01:19 PM
no really, what does that mean? i dont get it

DLAWNS
06-05-2009, 04:37 PM

Joy, I think what he was saying was by you asking what was the best present from your girl or wife....you were opening yourself up to a bunch of lewd answers. I'm pretty sure that is what he was saying.

On a different note, do you know the website that I can get the spray gun for my air compressor to spray fluid film with? I know I've seen it before but can't remember the website. I haven't really been able to use the gallon that I won a while back. Any help would be appreciated.

QualityLawnCare4u
06-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Joy, I think what he was saying was by you asking what was the best present from your girl or wife....you were opening yourself up to a bunch of lewd answers. I'm pretty sure that is what he was saying.

On a different note, do you know the website that I can get the spray gun for my air compressor to spray fluid film with? I know I've seen it before but can't remember the website. I haven't really been able to use the gallon that I won a while back. Any help would be appreciated.

Exactly! Joy, if you want to know the best present I ever got, one that I still remember 30 years later, I would have to answer that in a pm. The mods would drop a brick if I answered in a open forum:laugh: No, it was not dirty or vulgar, well, I did not think it was and left a lasting impression on me!

JoyofFluidFilm
06-05-2009, 04:55 PM
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:cry:

lilweeds
06-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Yes I know what I'd want from my GF, but I don;t have one I'm married and that will never happen :)

QualityLawnCare4u
06-05-2009, 09:28 PM
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:cry:

What do you mean EWWWWWW? :laugh: I did not think it way ewwwwyyy at all:cool2:

JoyofFluidFilm
06-10-2009, 05:14 PM
that is ewwwy...yuck..yikes...ewww

QualityLawnCare4u
06-10-2009, 06:06 PM
that is ewwwy...yuck..yikes...ewww

Yuck was not the words that came to mind when I received the present, more like YIKES, WOW, FANTASTIC, can a woman really do this?:laugh: Anyways here is you a free bump!

JoyofFluidFilm
06-11-2009, 03:56 PM
How many of you guys are into spas? Relaxation?
I got a gift certificate to get a couples massage for me and Andrew...we will be doing that next saturday..i hope he likes it....
I know im going to enjoy it. :waving:

Things are great between me and Andrew.

I am still undecided about what present to get him and how much to spend. He doesnt care about me going all out for him, but i want to do something extra nice.

A trip to cancun, or Hawaii, or the Bahamas is great...but in this economy, more than ever, am i trying to save my money. Im also thinking of going back to school....

Ideas, people...help me out here...thanks!

DLAWNS
06-11-2009, 11:18 PM
How many of you guys are into spas? Relaxation?
I got a gift certificate to get a couples massage for me and Andrew...we will be doing that next saturday..i hope he likes it....
I know im going to enjoy it. :waving:

Things are great between me and Andrew.

I am still undecided about what present to get him and how much to spend. He doesnt care about me going all out for him, but i want to do something extra nice.

A trip to cancun, or Hawaii, or the Bahamas is great...but in this economy, more than ever, am i trying to save my money. Im also thinking of going back to school....

Ideas, people...help me out here...thanks!

Okay...I'm gonna try to help you out here. I consulted with my wife to try to get you a good answer. Her first vote was shopping spree for yourself. After more consideration...she said maybe go to a Bed and Breakfast on the beach being that you said your boyfriend likes the beach. Maybe somewhere like Santa Cruz. We're not sure how far that is from you, but we figure it could be a mini vacation to get away from things while still not spending a lot of money. Hope that helps a bit....let us know what you think.

JoyofFluidFilm
06-15-2009, 04:57 PM
hey bill,
that's a good idea! Bed and Breakfast sounds nice in Santa cruz...but what is there to do during the day?
i love the idea even more when you mentioned a SHOPPING SPREE!!! yippee...man, that reminds me, i should go shopping after work..

DLAWNS
06-15-2009, 10:00 PM
hey bill,
that's a good idea! Bed and Breakfast sounds nice in Santa cruz...but what is there to do during the day?
i love the idea even more when you mentioned a SHOPPING SPREE!!! yippee...man, that reminds me, i should go shopping after work..

I didn't spend a lot of time there, but there was a pretty nice boardwalk, beach, and an area with a bunch of little shops and stuff. It's a nice spot. Also, I believe the movie Lost Boys was filmed there. I've never seen it but apparently it was made there. Let us know what you decide.

JoyofFluidFilm
06-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Ooh, i gotta check that place out. I really love the whole idea of bed and breakfast.
Question: what's so great about a bed and breakfast? isnt it like a hotel?

DLAWNS
06-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Ooh, i gotta check that place out. I really love the whole idea of bed and breakfast.
Question: what's so great about a bed and breakfast? isnt it like a hotel?

A bed and breakfast is supposed to be a bit more homey. If you don't like hanging out with a bunch of people you don't know, then might I suggest a hotel on the beach instead of a bed and breakfast. Just my thoughts on the subject. As I read your response I figured I should tell you that my wife and I actually prefer a hotel over a bed and breakfast. Or you can do what we did and go to a b&b and ignore all the people! :laugh:

Lux Lawn
06-20-2009, 07:25 PM
hey bill,

I recommended this a while back, still think its a good idea for you. Just find a city on the ocean with a couple of bars, restaurants and maybe some shopping.Make a long weekend out of it.

JoyofFluidFilm
06-23-2009, 06:54 PM
all your ideas are great, but then i started thinking..maybe planning something that i would never ever do....like camping..im not an outdoorsy type of person...i mean, nature is great if i drive through the woods..but i dont know about hiking and camping and all that. umm...what do you do while youre camping? im such a girly girl..i dont know where to start..lol :confused:

JB1
06-23-2009, 07:00 PM
all your ideas are great, but then i started thinking..maybe planning something that i would never ever do....like camping..im not an outdoorsy type of person...i mean, nature is great if i drive through the woods..but i dont know about hiking and camping and all that. umm...what do you do while youre camping? im such a girly girl..i dont know where to start..lol :confused:

camping is fun, I usually camp In a Holiday Inn. :)

Lucky Star Lawn Care
06-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Drink,ride 4 wheelers, shoot guns, bbq,and if girls are the X-Rated..lol

JoyofFluidFilm
06-26-2009, 03:02 PM
woo hoo spring break is here....well, im already done with school....
who camps in holiday inn?
drinking sounds great and bbq sounds niiiicee...

grandview (2006)
06-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Well,6 pages and we are still waiting to find out what you bought him!

JoyofFluidFilm
06-30-2009, 02:27 PM
lmao, i didnt buy him anything, yet. I did pay for a couples' massage last week, and i offered to take him to Disneyland. but um...still not sure what to get him...any ideas would be greatly appreciated!:rolleyes:

grandview (2006)
06-30-2009, 10:33 PM
lmao, i didnt buy him anything, yet. I did pay for a couples' massage last week, and i offered to take him to Disneyland. but um...still not sure what to get him...any ideas would be greatly appreciated!:rolleyes:

Did he get a happy ending?:cool2: