PDA

View Full Version : Who uses Quickbooks Payroll

milsaps118
04-30-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm getting ready to set up payroll and plan on using QB payroll service. I can't decide if I want to use the "Online" version or the Enhanced download version. Both allow you to process payroll, E-file file state and federal forms, and pay tax liabilities by E-file.

Anyone use QB to process payroll? What version do you use? Pros and Con's -v- the two.

Littleriver1
05-01-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm using 2007 pro and started using the down load verson this year. I think it's great. Set up the employee, enter the rate, enter the hours at the end of the week and your done. I don't use the check printing. I write my own checks by hand, and it prints the stub for the employees. 5 mins and I'm done. It isn't cheep but is is cheeper than paying some other company just to do payroll. Besides I like doing this kind of stuff myself. If you don't mind doing it then go for it. If you hate paper work then hire some one.

LouisianaLawnboy
05-01-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm starting this year too.

milsaps118
05-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Are you paying less then $200/yr for the down loaded version?

bigw
05-02-2009, 12:36 AM
neither im doing it myself its really not that hard

Littleriver1
05-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Are you paying less then $200/yr for the down loaded version?

I think there was a discount for the first year, for first time users. I don't remember the price. go to their web site and look it up. I think I used my QB program link to get to the site.