PDA

View Full Version : Fuel lines

lawn and stump
05-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Do you recommend replacing the rubber fuel line after 2-3 years?

My engine has been running rough and stalling, Then it starts right up with the choke. It seems like a fuel problem. I notice the rubber lines are cracking, Maybe rubber chunks getting in the carb?. I noticed most manufacturers use rubber lines isn't there a better line to use?

I have 3 Sentar 25hp 61" mowers. They are great machines

WrightCommercial
05-01-2009, 10:05 AM
lawn and stump,

As a matter of safety, if the fuel lines are showing signs of cracking you should replace them. It does sound like there is dirt or debris in the fuel system. One check you can do is apply the choke when the mower is running. If the engine smooths out with the choke on there is dirt in the carb., if it continues to run rough there is likely a vacuum leak. It is also possible that there is water in the float bowl and have you changed the fuel filter?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.

heybruck34
05-01-2009, 05:37 PM
As the fuel line ages it may not make a perfect seal on the nipple of the carburetor. It may drip gas or allow air to get in, throwing off the fuel delivery. Maybe not but it's a simple and cheap fix.

Fuel filter is a good tip- they are cheap too. A lot of this stuff is so simple and inexpensive I change it just because I can, not due to any problem I have. It's easier to have a schedule for things like these.