PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

JR LeGer
03-28-2002, 11:41 PM
Hello. I just joined this forum recently. I am impressed with the knowledge that many of you have.

I am the president of a commercial/ residential landscaping and landscape maintenance company in AZ. Is anyone else here from AZ???

I am not a landscaping guru by any means, but my co-owner is.

What I do know is how to market and how to run a successful business. I have been around business my whole life. I am 25 and we have only been at this for a couple of years, but our company does quite well for 2 year olds. I hope I can contribute useful information to these discussions and I know that I will be able to use a lot of the information here to gain knowledge and to possibly even further grow our business.

It looks like most of you are in other states. I was just reading a post about bids and mowing acres. Around here, the lots are about 10,000 sq. ft. on average and that includes the house and driveways, etc. Of course, commercial properties are a lot bigger. We have a lot of decorative rock around here in the lawns. It's a year round business..all landscape and maintenance as it does not fall below 30 here usually in the winter.

Anyway, I look forward to contributing. This is a cool website.

Joe

Kent Lawns
03-28-2002, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the forum.

We vacation in AZ and I always find it facinating the difference in lawn maintenance between Northern areas and the Southwest.

Bear in mind, much of the advise/input is geared to where we actually have grass. ;)

JR LeGer
03-28-2002, 11:56 PM
Where are you at in the midwest? I am from Kansas and also lived in Missouri for awhile.

Actually, all of our customers have grass. Most all of the lawns here have some grass. It may only be 500 sq. ft., but they have it. LOL

I actually do not like the landscapes here all that much. I was raised on a farm in Kansas. However, we make a lot of money off of these landscapes I do not care for, so I cannot complain too much.

stslawncare
03-29-2002, 04:06 AM
hey, welcome to lawnsite.com great place! i love farming, wish i could visit out there sometime

Acute Cut
03-29-2002, 10:19 AM
ya, welcome to lawnsite. I think you will see alot here that you could learn from and i am sure that you could help others alot too. Look forward to seein ya on the boards.

f350
03-29-2002, 10:35 AM
I spend alot of time in tempe. my fiance goes to asu and i go out at leat 8 times a year. i'll be out there in like a month maybe we could hook up for some golf, or those pina coladas at copelands

johnhenry
03-29-2002, 07:52 PM
Welcome to lawnsite. You will find so many different views and ideas. Where were you in kansas and mo?

JR LeGer
03-29-2002, 09:35 PM
F350

That sounds good. I love to golf--if you shoot around 95 to 150 we will be on the same page. LOL

We are right in the middle of a job in Tempe as a matter of fact. I have never heard of Copelands but that sounds good.

azlandworks@yahoo.com if you want to email me. Our website is not quite up and running yet.

Joe
(480) 809-5937

F150 for now...need to upgrade.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JohnHenry

I lived in Perry and Lawrence Kansas (if you drive over 15 mph you pass Perry right by)

In Missouri, I lived in Springfield. I ahve been through Joplin many times. In fact, I checked out a small apartment complex that was for sale there just last year. (I think it was there or Mt. Vernon--do not recall)

Anyway, I love MO and in my opinion it is the best place to live. Cheap real estate, great hunting and fishing and good quality people. My dad lives in Warsaw, which is about 1 1/2 hours or so north of Springfield on highway 65, which I am sure you know already. I try to get back there at least once a year in the summer so I can gat ahold of some of my favorites--catfish.

Joe

Maybe we can throw a line sometime when I am there.

f350
03-29-2002, 10:13 PM
are you doing the new dorms at asu? copeland is in gilbert by that jewelry store jareds. man go there it all creol food. ya i'm not very good at golf but i like beer and thats what counts right.

JR LeGer
03-30-2002, 01:04 AM
F350--

No, we are doing a residential job over in Tempe. Just a quick 3 dayer or so.

I went to Gilbert High School and I still do not know where it is. I will check it out next time I drive by. Heck, I don't even know where Jareds is. Where have I been....??

Joe

SprinklerGuy
06-05-2002, 08:05 AM
Jr.....I have a branch in Scottsdale......we don't do much in Tempe/Gilbert area except what the large maint. companies send us to.....

I have heard of your company, don't know where or how but I have.

Welcome to the board.....see guys there IS MORE THAN 1 PERSON in Arizona with a computer!!!!!

scottb
06-05-2002, 02:24 PM
As everyone else has said Welcome to lawnsite!!! I know Ive learned alot here and maybe you will be able to help too.

MikeLT1Z28
06-05-2002, 03:45 PM
welcome.

500sq ft lawns huh? i'm thinking 72" and two passes. wonder how many you could do in a day? lol

Sean Adams
06-05-2002, 05:03 PM
I think everyone will agree - only if the internet were this useful for the Lawn & Landscape business years ago... Take advantage and read the first post about using the search. Almost too much information to soak in. Best of Luck.

lawnstudent
06-05-2002, 06:32 PM
JR LeGer

wecome to LS. I lived in Phoenix/Tempe/Gilbert AZ for 18 yrs. Good place to visit! Good luck.

jim

Flex-Deck
06-05-2002, 08:11 PM
Welcome aboard JR LeGer - Visited Scotsdale once for a week in Feb. I still like Iowahttp://52-Under Trees

robert payer
06-05-2002, 08:51 PM
Welcome!

LAWNGODFATHER
06-05-2002, 09:22 PM
Hello

Isn't it hot there?

JR LeGer
06-06-2002, 02:21 AM
Ok..well not too many 500 sq. ft. lawns. I was going a bit overboard.

I think it takes then on average about 30 mins per home. We probably average about $100 per month for weekly service. You can do probably 10 to 15 with a small crew per day.

We have a lot of shrubs in the rocks here and when they get trimmed the trimmings have to be removed from the rocks. the msot time consuming ones are the lawns with no grass. No where to blow everything to mow up so some one has to vacuum it up or sweep it up or whatever.

We actually use Walkers on our residential lawns (if they will fit) and they take the place of about 2 guys. One guy can mow a whole street in literally an hour or there abouts.

I would love to be back in Missouri, but landscaping is just too good to leave here just yet.

JR LeGer
06-06-2002, 02:23 AM
lawngodfather--

Not too bad, only about 150 degrees today. I used to live in Springfield and in Warsaw if you know where that is. I love it there. I was born in Kansas but like MO the best.