PDA

View Full Version : recently purchaced textron bobcat hydro 48'' walk behind

watson
03-29-2002, 11:53 AM
recently purchased used (1 yr old) bobcat mower. Anyone know the pros and cons to such a mower. The biggest problem I've run into thus far is bagging grass and leaves. Bagger comes off at the slightest bump or uneven spot. Any suggestions? Also does anyone have any idea what the going price for such a used mower. Again: 1 yr old, 15 horsepower, Original owner only used part time (no definate hours of use, hydro.
thanks

Turfdude
03-29-2002, 11:09 PM
Pros - for changing deck belts, they have a square hole in idler pulley that takes the end of a 1/2" drive ratchet. You slip ratchet in - pull on idler - which loosens belt - easy off and easy on.

Bob

ohiolawnguy
03-29-2002, 11:24 PM
is it the factory bobcat bagger, or an aftermarket?
on our walk behinds(gear drive,not hydro), we use the factory bagger, and ive never known of that being a problem. our zt 200's however have grass gobblers on them,and do occasionally fall out of the bracket from time to time.

weve never owned a hydro walk behind. i think they are sweet, but rather pricey. im guessing a one year old, assuming it is a 48" model would go for around 2100-2600. thats just a guess though. ( i can't see any larger mower with only 15hp, and most 48 hydros around here have the 17hp)

oops just noticed that it is a 48".