PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree accounting software ?

AI Inc
05-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Quickbooks has been pissing me off. Thinking of going with peachtree construction as it also has sales orders.
Anyone ever use it before , know anything about it?

How about some input on other software programs.

dwlah
05-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Ive got peachtree 2008
It took some getting used to
I went from ledger sheets to p tree
I cant speak as to how it compares with Qbooks Ive never had Qbooks

I do like the way I can keep up with what and where I spend and doing the customer billing
It also has a page for jobs,quotes,orders and invoices

Its like a sports car when all I need is a sedan

JB1
05-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I tried it once before I used quickbooks and I was totally lost, I had a lot of problems with it.

CLARK LAWN
05-03-2009, 10:47 PM
same as JB1 i started with peachtree and couldnt figure it out, swithch to quickbooks last year and would never go back.

Az Gardener
05-05-2009, 08:03 AM
The sports car analogy is good. We had it at my last company and we sent our bookkeeper to a training conference after having it for 10 +years. She came back and said we are only using a fraction of what this program will do. She said it was like using the space shuttle to go to the corner market. Keep in mind she was a full time bookkeeper in a 3 mil a year company so she had lots of fun with it but I don't know that it really made us any more money.

If you are having trouble with quick books I think you would be lost with Peachtree. To get all that cool information you have to take the time to set it up right in the first place.

Contract Spot
05-06-2009, 12:02 AM
You should check out www.ContractSpot.com. It is free to sign up and very easy to use. We have already had tons of guys switching over from QuickBooks because they just want the 'Sedan'.