PDA

View Full Version : newb here to learn about commercial mowers

wood181
05-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I am not in business, but I am here to learn about light commercial grade mowers, specifically zero turn.

I have about 5 acres of my own, and may end up mowing for a neighbor or two.

I am not really interested in the new crop of consumer grade offerings, but I cant really bust the bank either. I am probably looking to spend about 7,000 to 7,500 on something with a 60 inch deck.

Of course, the main thing is to get my 5 acres of 1/2 wide open grass, and the other half has the house, shed, garden, and about 60 to 70 trees and other items I need to go around, done as quick as possible. It is all flat except for the ditches in the front.

I have started some research, and I have to probably base my decision on what dealer is close by, about 30 miles or less, which limits my choices a little.

In order of distance from my house, as far as I know anyway, there may be more out there. Zip Code is 54812.

John Deere
Cub Cadet Commercial
Hustler
Exmark
Kubota
Scag

So here I go, somewhere I have never been, wish me luck!

Oh yeah, and if you can tell me how to get started learning about these things I could use the help!

Wood

DLAWNS
05-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the site and my personal favorite out of that list that you mentioned is the Exmark. I have two Exmarks and love them. I've used a bunch of Exmark Lasers in the past and they are great mowers. If there are any questions that I can help you with let me know.

White Gardens
05-05-2009, 12:54 AM
I would stay away from the Cub cadet commercial. Ever since MTD took over CC, I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.