PDA

View Full Version : Gravely mowers

lantz
03-29-2002, 08:22 PM
Anyone have past experiences or currently using Gravely mid-mounts? My partner is considering buying a Gravely because of the price.

johnhenry
03-29-2002, 08:40 PM
Gravely are top of the line. Your partner should be very happy

Krimick
03-29-2002, 09:11 PM
I have some past experience with the Gravely PM 300.... I believe the the PM 310 is the new model. It's a front mower, not a mid-mount, but it was a great mower, produces a very good cut.

I am currently looking at Gravely mid-mounts myself and have not heard anyone say anything bad about them.

AGG Lawn Maintenance
03-29-2002, 09:59 PM
Not to turn you off. I used to have Gravely w/b mowers when I first started out and they sucked. The only good the was on the Gravely pro 50's the deck was easy to raise and lower. I am by no means saying all their mowers suck but do your research. Than again that was in 1987. I'm sure alot of things have changed. At any rate good luck on whatever mower you choose. You know the saying one mans junk is another mans treasure.
Travis :D

SpringValley
03-30-2002, 11:40 AM
I had a Woods Mow 'n Machine on loan while my carb was being replaced on my JD. It was a 25hp machine manufactured by Gravely. The deck was easy to lift but the drive levers were really hard to push and that wore on you after several yards. I also felt there was a traction problem on hills but that could have been the tires combined with improper weight distribution. Personally, I prefer front mounts not mids. I'll stick to my JD F620.

Matt

65hoss
03-30-2002, 12:47 PM
Barry and the guys from Gravely have new w/b out now. It is nothing like the old ones. I've looked at them and they are a VERY well built machine. I also believe they have done some upgrades on the midmount Z's.

I would demo a new one and see if you like it. I think they are a good machine and will probably start to sell many more of them as the next couple of years go by.