PDA

View Full Version : 62” Toro Walkbehind

Likestomow
03-29-2002, 07:50 PM
I saw a 62” Toro walkbehind on eBay and that got me to wondering if a walk mower that wide would scalp. The wheel base is really narrow compared to my Dixie Chopper, which hardly never scalps.

Also, the deck seems to be off-set on the frame --- does that make it wobble or tip at times? I have thought about getting something like this as a backup machine.

rodfather
03-29-2002, 09:50 PM
Big WB's will scalp...we run a couple of 61"Ferris WB's that willl scalp if you're not careful . All I can say is it depends on the operator and the terrain.

Sometimes you just have to go slower.

my 2 cents

dlandscaping
03-30-2002, 10:45 AM
my school uses one to do their spring mowing and then uses a john deere 1125 or w/e to do summer and fall. The school yard is uneven and has divots from plowing trash rocks etc. The machine gives a real nice cut and discharges well, much better than the deere. Will the machine scalp? yes if you are not careful. I have only seen it scalp in one place where it is a bunch of bumps that even a 21 would scalp on. The deck is offset for trimming like toros old 52's. The wheel base is 35 inches and you can put on any of the sfs decks on the machine.