PDA

View Full Version : riding the thin line!!1

burge19
05-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Ok so i started out a couple of years ago and initialy it was just lawn maintance. I am now starting to get into landscaping. Right now i rent equipment when i need it like a bobcat and such. I feel sometimes i could buy the equipment but then again i can't. is anyone else in this situation where they are close to being able to buy more equipment but not quite there yet???

MysticLandscape
05-05-2009, 02:20 PM
S300 has been crossing my mind alot latley

White Gardens
05-06-2009, 01:05 AM
I still looking at a mini skid, but can't quite pull the trigger on it yet. I'd love to be able to order a semi of mulch to get it at a cheaper price, and then use the mini to load a dump trailer.

I've got a lady that wants 500 feet of sidewalk removed and pavers installed later this year. I think that job will finally pay for a mini.

Junior M
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I am at the same place as you and have been there for going on a year and it sucks big time..

burge19
05-06-2009, 12:49 PM
yeah it just sucks having a lot of jobs but not quite being able to buy like a bobcat or something bigger. This renting stuff sucks

esnipe8
05-16-2009, 11:25 PM
"no risk, no reward"

I have come to find that when you put yourself under a reasonable amount of pressure to either preform (or pay for) you work that much harder to make it happen.

I just finally added a used Bobcat mt52 with trencher and bucket to the arsenal....
bobcat #5 for us!

Evan

VirginiaLawnCare
05-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Bobcat's are the best investment if you have use for it. Were on our second one just got the T300 over the winter and sold the T180.

White Gardens
05-17-2009, 12:39 PM
My problem is that I still don't have enough jobs to justify the the bigger equipment yet. I don't do a whole lot of dirt-work such as grading and filling. Most of my jobs are borderline when it comes to doing it by hand or renting a machine.

That time will come soon though, I can feel it.