PDA

View Full Version : Operator-Controlled Discharge Chute-OCD

shaun5
05-05-2009, 02:23 PM
How well does it work? I can't decide between something like this or a grass catcher. Can it be fitted to any Turbo Force deck? (mine's a 52)...

The Toro Company
05-05-2009, 05:38 PM
How well does it work? I can't decide between something like this or a grass catcher. Can it be fitted to any Turbo Force deck? (mine's a 52)...

Hello Shaun5 -
Yes, we have designed the Operator-Control Discharge Chute to work on all TURBOFORCE cutting decks. There are different kits for different size decks, so check with your dealer to make sure you order the correct kit for your 52” deck.

The OCDC has three settings, fully open, ˝ way closed and closed. Because the chute gate is constructed of the same material as the discharge chute the airflow velocity does not allow the OCDC to completely seal off the discharge opening when set in the closed position. The result is a minor amount of air and clippings escape and are directed rearward toward the drive tire. This is by design to avoid windrowing that can occur when the chute is completely blocked off thus requiring the operator to make another pass to clean-up the trail of clippings. Contractors have told us the on demand versatility of the OCDC is great for redirecting clippings around beds, between buildings, around vehicles or windows, and along side walks, driveways and streets. And it avoids the extra size and weight of a grass catcher, not to mention having to dump the collected material.

The Toro Company

BigMike450
05-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Can the ocdc be removed quickly to put a catcher on when needed?

The Toro Company
05-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Can the ocdc be removed quickly to put a catcher on when needed?

BigMike450,

It all depends upon the mower, deck size and type bagger used. What mower/deck size (mid-size fixed or float, zero turn rider) are you running, and what type of bagger would you be mounting (side catcher or Z bagger with blower)?

The Toro Company

BigMike450
05-20-2009, 06:41 AM
48" Grandstand w/sidecatcher.

The Toro Company
05-20-2009, 02:14 PM
48" Grandstand w/sidecatcher.

BigMike450,

The rubber chute and OCDC shouldn’t need to be removed when using the side catcher on your 48" GrandStand. You’ll need to raise the chute and OCDC flap and flex them back slightly when installing or removing the side catcher. It will be rather snug, but they should all work in concert.

Thanks - The Toro Company

BigMike450
05-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Just what I wanted to hear,thanks.

totallawncare25
05-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Toro could you post some pictures of the OCDC? Is it like the one for Exmark? THanks

integrityman
05-28-2009, 10:47 PM
does toro have an ocdc for w/b units?

integrityman
05-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Toro??????

The Toro Company
06-01-2009, 03:11 PM
does toro have an ocdc for w/b units?

Integrityman -

Yes, OCDC kits are available for TurboForce midsize mowers. Your Toro dealer should be able to order it for you. If you would forward us your deck size we can send you the part # you will need.

integrityman
06-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks Toro-

I have a 40" 2008 turboforce deck with pistol grips....

I assume it has an electrical actuator?

How does the control attach to the mower?

The Toro Company
06-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Toro could you post some pictures of the OCDC? Is it like the one for Exmark? THanks

Totallawncare25 - There are pictures of the OCDC on Toro.com. Use this link (http://www.toro.com/professional/lce/zmaster/g3/74901.html) to get to a model page. Click on Accessories and expand Operator-Controlled Discharge Chute.

The Toro Company
06-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks Toro-

I have a 40" 2008 turboforce deck with pistol grips....

I assume it has an electrical actuator?

How does the control attach to the mower?

Integrityman -

You’re welcome. The part # for the Mid-Size TURBOFORCE 40” OCDC is 115-4190. A handle mounts to the side of the control tower (above right drive tire). The OCDC mounts to the underside of the rubber discharge chute and the position is controlled by a cable connected to the handle. It is a simple yet reliable and effective design.

-The Toro Company

integrityman
06-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Integrityman -

You’re welcome. The part # for the Mid-Size TURBOFORCE 40” OCDC is 115-4190. A handle mounts to the side of the control tower (above right drive tire). The OCDC mounts to the underside of the rubber discharge chute and the position is controlled by a cable connected to the handle. It is a simple yet reliable and effective design.

-The Toro Company

Thanks again-

On the subject of the 40" walk behind, is there a striping kit sold for this unit?

The Toro Company
06-08-2009, 09:22 AM
integrityman -

There is not a striping kit available for the 40” midsize mower.

The Toro Company

modrum
11-21-2009, 07:04 PM
What is the difference between the Adjustable Flow Baffle (particularly on the 48" Grandstand) and the OCD accessory that can be added? How much more will the OCD close off the discharge chute?

BigMike450
11-22-2009, 07:58 PM
If I'm reading this correctly the difference is the adjustable baffle is incorporated into the deck by selecting A= Max dispersion,B= Bagging or C= short dry grass.The OCDC is actually a little different from others I've seen as it doesn't close 100% and fans out horizontally instead of vertically. Hope that helps.

The Toro Company
12-09-2009, 01:55 PM
modrum -
The adjustable discharge baffle operates inside the deck, while the OCDC kit operates outside the deck.

The adjustable discharge baffle doesn't actually block the discharge opening at all. When the baffle is fully open, it allows clippings from the left-hand side of the deck to partially bypass the center and right-hand cutting chambers. The primary benefit is that the cutting deck requires less power in this configuration, allowing for higher ground speeds in heavy cutting conditions. There is some impact to clipping discharge, in the sense that the discharge velocity is not as high when the baffle is fully open. When this baffle is moved to the "closed" position, the distance between the blade tips and the baffle decreases. As a result, the clippings tend to be cut into smaller pieces, and the discharge velocity increases (because essentially the same amount of air is being pushed through a smaller opening). In some conditions, this will result in clippings being thrown farther from the deck. However, in other conditions (especially drier, less dense grass) the higher velocity will actually cause the clippings to scatter more (and disappear more).

In contrast, the OCDC can be used to block off the discharge opening. The accessory has three positions: open, closed, and an intermediate setting. In the open position, grass discharges from the cutting deck just as it would without the OCDC kit installed. In the closed position, a rubber paddle blocks the discharge opening in order to prevent clippings from being thrown out of the deck. (The paddle does not form a tight seal, so the deck is allowed to breathe, avoiding the potential to create a stream of pureed clippings along the edge of the deck.) In the intermediate position, clippings are allowed to escape from the deck, but the throw distance of the clippings is reduced.

-The Toro Company

Classic Cuts Lawn Service
05-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Does Toro make an OCDC for 48" fixed deck turbo force PG?

Classic Cuts Lawn Service
05-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Toro?
Any input?