PDA

View Full Version : any omaha ne member

Jim Feder
03-29-2002, 10:52 PM
is there any one from omaha ne out here if so let me know how it is going.:D
let that grass grow:D

nu83
03-30-2002, 01:15 AM
hey jim, Im in omaha as are a couple of other members. Feel free to email me Nu83@yahoo.com

if you have aim its nu832066

Tyner Lawn Service
03-30-2002, 09:43 AM
Yes! Do you know me? I know a few guys in town. How new are you in the business??

Jim Feder
03-30-2002, 11:13 PM
I do not know if i know u but like to have people in town to talk about bus. Is it just me or is work harder to find this year. let me know how things are going. :D I am looking for a 36"wb if any one knows of one.:rolleyes:

gunputt
03-31-2002, 09:29 AM
I also am from Omaha. Just getting started in the biz. Actually prtty sore today from getting tossed around by the aerator yesterday. Anyone going to the turf care class on Monday?

scottdclark
04-01-2002, 03:39 PM
I'm from Omaha. Don't run a landscaping company, but refer to this forum A LOT for help with my Scag SSZ rider...

huskertaz
04-01-2002, 06:31 PM
I am from Omaha as well and business is booming for me this year. I am expecting a 125% growth from last year. I went to that turf class last week during the snow storm. Learned most of that stuff in school. How is your business doing?

Jim Feder
04-01-2002, 09:09 PM
Things are looking up got two more yearly service agreement today. Plus just got paid in full for year on a $65.00 weekly mowing. Got 20,000 flyers going out on wed am still waiting on 40 bids to come in this week. Just want to start mowing. tell me whats new with you cats.:rolleyes:

CS Lawns
04-07-2002, 01:43 PM
Not from Omaha but Across the river in the Bluffs. Getting alittle nervous alot of lowballing going on over here. Good Luck!

Toroguy
04-07-2002, 03:09 PM
Which one of you is taking care of Warren Buffetts place?

nu83
04-07-2002, 07:38 PM
knowing how he is, he probably mows it himself to save a few bucks, lol.

Tyner Lawn Service
04-07-2002, 08:29 PM
Hey Nu83 you are probably correct on Buffett mowing his own lawn. For those of you from other parts of the country he is the second richest man behind Bill Gates. They report Warren being worth 36 BILLION $$$. And to CS in CB I thought about swimming back across the river and marketing your area some time. I bid on a couple of good sized commercial accounts there thru the ones they have in Omaha and I got beat out bigtime and felt I was fair on price.

Toroguy
04-07-2002, 08:49 PM
I understand Buffett still lives in the home he bought for $50,000 twenty years ago.

Probably not to be featured on MTV's "cribs".

Tyner Lawn Service
04-07-2002, 08:59 PM
LOL at Toroguy. Yes you are correct on the house deal. He seems to be a down to earth guy from what I see about him on local news.

nu83
04-07-2002, 09:46 PM
When I wsa 16-17 years old I worked at Sams club, Mr Buffett would stop in twice a month and buy groceries in bulk. It is really funny to me that someone worth around 36 BILLION dollars 1 drives his car to the store and shops for groceries and 2 buys his groceries in bulk. He would buy huge cases of diet coke, this is a guy who owns close to 10 % of Coke. Its cool though, bet bill doesn't do stuff like that.

Jim Feder
04-07-2002, 10:10 PM
I think it is looking up for us we are geting new client every day and making up for the ones we lost to lowballers. got a lot done over the last week with it being nice. I wish you all good luck and here is something funny wen't to give bid and some one pulled in the drive wright be for us <lowballer> guy seen sign on truck and drove out. The guy sat down the street and was looking at us the hole time (why I was walking the prop with home owner) so got the 40.00 week mowing and a 300.00 clean up and 500.00 mulch job all before I left. hope the guy pulled up wright after me. Becase he was to late start work on this house this week. The home owner said he did call a comp to come out but they did not call him back. I think it was that comp. I told the man that we are not the cheapest comp but have alot of pride in are work. :p thanks guys

CS Lawns
04-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Tyner Lawn:

Thats funny cause I thought about swimming across your way for work, Your right its tough to bid and get jobs over here. What seems fair is always too high here. :blob2: There are alot of lowballers here in my opinion. Lost a $30.00 a week job yesterday to a guy who bid $18.00 figure that out. Lady wants everything bagged and removed each visit and is real picky. Told her when they quit showing up to call. (when she does price goes up).

Anybody get to many calls let me know, maybe I can get some sub work?? Its worth the shot huh?? LOL

Be good & Good Luck