PDA

View Full Version : Overfilled walker engine update

hoagie
03-29-2002, 11:45 PM
For anyone interested...

I went to my dealer and he asked how I was making out... I said that there was something that I was quite unhappy with and b4 I could even show him the funky colored overfilled oil (which was leaking out of the bottom of the mower at this point) he without any hesitation what so ever asked if I wanted another one. They just got a shipment in and the machine I took home had 0.0 hrs on it, as well as normal colored oil at a normal level.

Kind of worked out nice also... the newest walkers have a beefier serpentine style drive belt and a new digital hour-meter that flashes service reminders for you, and also a beefed up discharge chute. The original one hadn't had these upgrades yet.

Moral of the story: If some of you guys have dealers that charge a little more than what you can get it for else where, BUT treat you like this, it's worth every penny.

Btw... one thing I did notice though, that made me cringe... when I was in the shop area in back, I watched as one of their men moved the mowers from the front show area to the back one by one... he started each cold machine, whacked open the throttle, pulled in the back and proceeded to turn them off at wide open throttle... resulting in lovely, loud backfires. How pleasant. :eek:

SLS
03-30-2002, 12:27 AM
Right On!

I was hoping that you would be able to get a new machine. :)

Quote:
"Btw... one thing I did notice though, that made me cringe... when I was in the shop area in back, I watched as one of their men moved the mowers from the front show area to the back one by one... he started each cold machine, whacked open the throttle, pulled in the back and proceeded to turn them off at wide open throttle... resulting in lovely, loud backfires. How pleasant."

That was exactly what I was worried about in your original thread. Now imagine how many times that scenerio would have to be repeated to rack up 4 HOURS on the meter. Maybe the bossman needs to have a word with the guy in charge of the 'valet parking' of the machines? :eek:

Now I'm REALLY glad you got the new machine...especially with the all those nice upgrades.