PDA

View Full Version : Pro Star = Commercial Star???? Please Help

anythinglawns
03-29-2002, 11:52 PM
I have aquired an old Pro Star 520 ZTR in a deal with another LCO. I can not find any info on Pro Star. Anyone ever heard of them. I have found a little on "Commercial Star" and the company is in the same city (Coatesville,IN) as the manufacturing tag on the Pro Star. Are these the same company? Does have any info on the subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

SpringValley
03-30-2002, 10:33 AM
Pro Star was bought out by Bunton. If you look the early Buntons looked identical to a Pro Star but painted Bunton green. Check with your local Bunton dealer and they should be able to help you.

Matt:blob3:

WREBELMACHINE
03-30-2002, 08:37 PM
Yes commercial star is the same company as pro star built in the same building in coatsville ind. Contact Red Hayman he is the owner he is also one of the founders of dixie chopper. I do not have his phone number anymore but I am sure you could call information for it.

anythinglawns
03-30-2002, 09:00 PM
Thank you very much. Your info should prove very helpful.
Thanks

tprentals
05-03-2004, 07:05 PM
yes commercial star made the prostar

765-386-7231 is the phone number i just called today

I have a prostar with a sick kohler magnum engine 18 HP and called to get spec numbers on engine - but waiting for that info

the company now does sell the bunton unit
which per RED he sold his design to bunton
and earlier in his career sold out to a partner? for the dixie chopper line which was suppossed to be a cross between a dixon and a grasshopper