PDA

View Full Version : mowing list

EAKENIIJ
05-05-2009, 09:39 PM
I was just wandering what type of format you guys use for all your customers,their adresses and how many times per month they are mowed,I need some kind of list for the employees to let me know when ,who they mowed for the week for billing,or should i say to make billing easier:dizzy:

LouisianaLawnboy
05-05-2009, 11:34 PM
I use Gopher for scheduling and starting QuickBooks for the money and billing

bohiaa
05-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Lawnpro.... it tells me WHO TO MOW TODAY.

sounds like you need a comouter program.

KS_Grasscutter
05-06-2009, 12:24 AM
I made a table for mine. It has the customer name in one column, then price, then I have 5 columns to write in the date each property was mowed. Also have a column for extra notes.

ED'S LAWNCARE
05-06-2009, 11:05 AM
I make a monthly sheet(s) that I keep on my clipboard. There is a column for each of the following date, customer, address, service performed, amount, paid or billed.

All of my regular customers have a folder in my computer with a excell spread sheet bill format. At the end of the week I just fill in what I've done, and at the end of the month I print it. Boom I'm done.

secretary
05-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I think Quickbooks, too. But, if you can't do that right away then just make up a spreadsheet with columns for customer name, address, mow frequency, planned mow date(s), actual mow date(s). Then your employees have a copy to fill in the actual mowed date. They can turn it in to you daily or weekly for you to do the billing from.

Az Gardener
05-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I would stay away from a computer program for scheduling etc. for as long as you can. Yes you need quickbooks to keep track of costs billing etc. but the scheduling takes me much longer with the computer program.

I used Superbills like they use in DR's office only I customized one for the maint biz. It has Client info at the top then a menu of other services you might perform down the side of the sheet so if they mow and line trim they just check off that, if they mulch they put in the quantity used. Fertilize... same thing what kind and how much.

I made one on the computer with 5 columns across the top for the date then want to kinkos and had 500 printed on heavy stock paper. I put them in a 3 ring binder arranged by the schedule all Mon accounts together Tues, etc. Then I put the weekly schedule in the clear window on the front of the binder. I changed the schedule weekly for the front window. At the end of the month I pulled all the super bills and replaced them with new ones and I use the super bills to do the billing.

This evolved to a somewhat elaborate sheet in my own company that the guys filled out every day and turned in at the end of day that I reviewed then filed to bill at the end of the month.

Like everything it takes some fore thought and effort to set up but once you have it you will wonder how you got along without it. The other thing is you will keep finding ways to improve it so I would not print so mant to start with so you can make changes as needed. I would attach one but I did this for a company I worked for 15 years ago and I don't have it on my computer.

The one I used is here on site somewhere but I wouldn't know how to find it and they don't let you attach the same thing twice. I saw some of old companies guys a few months ago and they are still using the same system I set up all those years ago. Funny thing is it has not evolved since I left.... Still the exact same forms.

secretary
05-06-2009, 03:05 PM
The one I used is here on site somewhere but I wouldn't know how to find it and they don't let you attach the same thing twice. I saw some of old companies guys a few months ago and they are still using the same system I set up all those years ago. Funny thing is it has not evolved since I left.... Still the exact same forms.[/QUOTE]

AZ Gardener, is this your form you are talking about? I enjoy research and think I found it. I think your system you explained above would work well.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=131053&d=1231421088

Az Gardener
05-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey yea :clapping: that's it! Do you work for the government? They always say big brother is watching but I never believed it. You are good.

That is one of the final editions before we went to a software program. That was the single use, turn in at the end of the day model.

secretary
05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
:dancing:

Need to find anything....just as ME!

Any research at all! Big or small ...;-)

Az Gardener
05-08-2009, 01:36 AM
Ok but I may have to put you on the payroll. WARNING-WARNING :nono: Thread hijacking in motion:nono:

I am doing a business plan and I need to know how big my market is? I service upscale residential accounts. I checked the census website and found the number of adults in Phoenix that have a yearly income over 200-K (my market) but no info as to whether they live in condo's, town homes, or regular homes.

I also need to do a bit about my competition and while I know the names of the local players I don't really know their rates I have heard rumors but no solid information. I could spend 100 bucks on the PLANET guide and get some regional info but would really rather have the local info.

any suggestions?

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-08-2009, 01:46 AM
I print up these (see attachment) on card stock and place them in a binder with separators partitioning the different days. At the end of the month, I bring the binder in to the office and hit QB's.

MJS
05-08-2009, 01:52 AM
I made a table for mine. It has the customer name in one column, then price, then I have 5 columns to write in the date each property was mowed. Also have a column for extra notes.

Exactly what I do, although I have address and phone # in as well.

Best system ever for keeping things straight.

Longae29
05-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I have two spreadsheets going all season long, one for each mowing crew, nice and simple, I have the property name in the first column then put the date of service to the right, and when they have been sprayed or fertilized highlight the name a certain color. end of the month, I print it out, and we bill on quickbooks

secretary
05-08-2009, 02:03 PM
AZ Gardener-

Sure I have some suggestions for you on that!
I am getting ready to leave the house for the day. But, I'd be happy to PM you with some good info. by the beginning of next week.

Every good business needs a plan! :-)

Oxmow
05-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Here is a sample of the monthly sheet i use to record what day and date we were at a property. I will try to send the drivers route checksheet on here as well.

1styear
05-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Whoopass, Thanks for the mowing card!

This is perfect for me :)

secretary
05-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Both whoopass and oxmow- Thanks for posting. Both of them would work well and keep things simplified and organized.

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Whoopass, Thanks for the mowing card!

This is perfect for me :)

Both whoopass and oxmow- Thanks for posting. Both of them would work well and keep things simplified and organized.

If you haven't figured it out,

B = bagged
M = mulched
E = Edged
T = Trimmed

And the squares represent the front and back yards so I can draw a line indicating which direction my pattern of mowing went for that week.

05-09-2009, 12:23 PM
I swear I thought i responded yesterday --might of been a different thread though.

anyways, check out www.landscapemanagementsystem.com -- easy routing, invoicing, expense tracking, and online customer center.