PDA

View Full Version : New Here...

ColoradoLawnCare
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi there folks, well im starting my own business on the lawn care side (Colorado Lawn Care). Let me tell you some info from me, im 22 yrs old, have a full time job, so the lawn business is parttime, but eventually I want to make it a fulltime. I always wanted to have my own lawn business just like everyone else. This is what I started out with, truck for the hauling, my trailor (6x10 steel floor), a craftman riding mower its a 21 hp, 46in deck, a push mower 6.25hp quick starter, a weed eater blower (150hp), a craftman weeder/edger, I have about more or less 3 weeks in the business. So far its been okay, Ive been passing out flyers,business cards,craigslist,friends, and family. I really want become one of the big boys later on the future, but for now I just want to become the best darn lawn care provider out there. What are some tips you guys would recommended on passing by. So far by customers I really dont have too many I have 6 customers, but I really want to hit some commercial sites, but I know with the tools I have I might need an upgrade...How did you all do it with getting commercial, who did you all talk too?? Well sorry for the long story, just wanted to get a good intro of me and my lawn care business....Thank you all for your time and advise...:waving:

J & D Greens
06-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Hi C.L.C. I work here in Englewood. I am part time at it right now and am planning on bumping it up a notch or two in about four years when my son is out of high school and I am ready to retire from the grocery business. Where are you located? David

badgerfan
06-06-2009, 08:12 PM
tell anyone who will listen about your business. flyers, craigslist, business cards, uniform, sign on truck. The mower that you have is okay for 6 lawns but would probably not hold up very well if you have 15-20. It is my fist year in the business and am up over 70 accounts so far with several commercial, so adverising is the key. WORK YOUR ASS OFF AND BUSINESS WILL COME! If you want to be one of the big boys then go do it. Many people on this site will try to tell you that it is not possible to do very quickly but that is B.S. If you are willing to put in a riduculous amount of hours per week like I did you can grow very fast. GOOD LUCK!