PDA

View Full Version : hello all

mikal
03-30-2002, 04:09 AM
Hello, I am new to this forum and can say that i'm glad to be. There are many insights and thought out solutions for people in here and I will help if I can and will much appreciate help when it is needed ( just a matter of time ). I have worked lawns on the side for a couple people over the last few years. It wasnt until last summer when I decided to invest in more and newer equipment and seek out more customers. I am a one man team(i am sure many of people in here can relate). I do not have a business licence yet nor do i have insurance etc.... There are not enough costomers yet to be able to financialy lagitamise but I hope that through hard work and bleeding hands I will be able in a couple yrs to be la'gitt. I have been around lawn work most of my life and enjoy it very much. Friends and clients say "how can you work in this heat" i just say "i love this kind of work". Cuttining grass on a riding mower to me is one of the most mentally relaxing things I have ever done. As the season gets closer I become more anxious to the work. I am in collage so my time is restricted in the spring and fall (two of the most busy seasons),but i do what i can and love lawn work. Man i can smell that fresh cut grass just thinking about it. The clock is ticking:D

MOW ED
03-30-2002, 07:26 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite. You are correct in the fact that this place has many thought out solutions and insights as well as volumes of information. It is also given to all at the price we all like to pay, 0. Every time you log in, try and check out a sponsors link, they help the owner keep this site fast and free.
The search feature will be a great help for you, but don't be afraid to post. It is great to have new members starting to post.
This group is a great bunch of people, there are many here that selflessly are helping to build our industry.

Congrats, you found one of the most powerful tools in the industry.

mikal
04-01-2002, 12:38 AM
:) thank you for the welcoming, I am going to try and save up for a gravely and if they ask i'll tell them I found out about them here but in actuality my ex-girlfriend's father has owned a gravely for about 20 yrs and works as good as the day he bought it ( with regular maintenance of course) I was really impressed with the machine. I hope they really make them as strong as they used to.

MOW ED
04-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Gravelys are tough and the new ones are built even better. If you ever see the Gravely banner on this site, you will see the guy leaning on the wb. That guy is me.
That mower is built like a tank and cuts extremely well. Great company and great guys working there.