PDA

View Full Version : pace american trailers

ADLAWNCUTTERS
03-30-2002, 06:34 AM
hi gang i did a search on this ,but there wasn't to much info . i am thinking of buying a pace american summit enclosed lawn trailer.they claim it will be perfect for lawn equipt. im thinking about buying the 16 or 18 footer. but im not sure.they quoted me a price of $4,516.00 for the 16 footer. what do you men think. thanks

stahls2
03-30-2002, 08:18 AM
There was a thread on this about a month ago if I recall correctly. I was also interested in that same trailer. I believe most on this site prefer Wells Cargo or Haulmark. Search for enclosed trailers and pick the most recent thread.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
03-30-2002, 10:28 AM
I had looked at the pace trailers a while back at a few shows and they are very nice looking and well built trailers from what I could see... I however did not wind up buying one cause there werent any local dealers for them by me.. I wound up with a haulmark, they seem to be the most readily available in the north east, I guess being one of their manufacturing facilities is in Pennsylvania.. The price sounds really good for that pace, not sure exactly what the lawn package includes , but it sounds good... Make sure you get the diamond plate cover for the front cause that area gets beat bad , especially going out of the bed ..

As far as 16 or 18 , I guess that depends on what you want to put into it.. I got the 18 cause it was only a few hundred more and figured I would have room for future expansion... Now it stoo big, I have enough room for a couch in there too and maybe even a TV and entertainment center LOL..... If I were to go buy one now I would get the 7 x 16 or maybe an 8 x 16... Good luck...

mowerconsultant
03-30-2002, 11:00 AM
ADLAWNCUTTERS,
What dealer is giving you that pricing ???
I was price shopping last year before I bought a enclosed trailer, and could not find them in New York cheap enough.
Let me know
Thanks
Pj

ADLAWNCUTTERS
03-31-2002, 03:36 AM
thanks for your replies. the dealer was trailers for less.in georgia.there phone #1-888-461-3033.

crest_ec
03-31-2002, 10:40 AM
I bought a Pace American 8x20 in the fall of 2000. Bigger than I wanted but got a good deal @ $4400 from local dealer who had used it.

Had good luck with it. Recommend you paint the interior before too long after purchase.

Mine has the ramp type door which is very satisfactory. Have to make sure the mower deck is raised fully before entering or exiting.

Minor problem with trim molding screws working loose.

Has good balance and handles great in winds [trails good].

Am using a '92 GMC 3500 van.

r/s Carl

beck
03-31-2002, 04:03 PM
What is your equipment set-up now? Future plans.

I bought the 7 X 16 when i had two 36s and knew I had room to spare for a rider. I am now using 36 and 52 WBs and a rider and I have very little extra room.

My suggestion is the 8 footer. that way the two WBs could be side by side. I will probably go to an 8 X 18 or 20 in the near future.
The easiest thing to do is to buy the biggest from the start and have excessive room for expansion. You will fill it up quick, especially if your like me and try to have everything with you all the time. (WB edger, hedge trimmer, chain saw, extra blades, belts, oil, tools etc, etc) The 8 footer is taller(at least from haulmark) which makes a huge difference in roominess. The 8 footer gives alot more room for the doorway which makes it easier for getting a 60" in and out. The 60" with a vac system chute will not fit through the door.

I was quoted $4600 for an 8 X 20 picked up from the Haulmark factory.

Shadetree Ltd
03-31-2002, 07:24 PM
I cannot offer any advice on the make of trailer, I currently have a Wells Cargo 7x14, in it I have 4 21" Toro's, 2 36" Exmark TTHP, 1 48" Exmark TTHP, 5 Shindaiwa trimmers, 5 Shindaiwa EB500 blowers and a blade edger. Just food for thought as to what size you may want to get. Next one will be at least 16' long though.

Scott

Currinson
03-31-2002, 08:43 PM
I purchased a Pace Cargo sport in 1999, it is 7x16, I cant say enough about it. I paid 4495.00. I researced all kinds and ended up going with a pace because of the way they are built and the warrenty. I had one problem with it and it was my fault I left the skylight open and backed up breaking it with a branch, I called and Pace sent out a new skylight and hardware, no questions. Last year we also got rear ended by a van. The pace held up great. The impact bent the reciever on the truck. The Pace had minor damage and no structural damage. I have a workbench set up in the front, I store 2 48" Ferris mowers , 1-21 inch toro, and 1 48 inch walker with the grass collection system. It has the fold down door which I highly recommend. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Erick

Pelican
03-31-2002, 09:15 PM
I have a 7 x 18 Pace enclosed trailer that I bought new in '97 and I'm a bit disapointed in how it's holding up. The trailer is rated for 7000 lbs gross weight and I estimate my mowers and small equipment to weigh about 2000 lbs +/- 200, well under the cargo rating. At 18 months I had to return the trailer to the dealer for repair, the front side rib had separated from the crossmember. The dealer welded in a gusset to repair.

Last season I noticed the front wall separating from the floor while loading my machines and I crawled under the trailer to investigate. The same side rib had broken beyond the repair site and the welds that attach the gooseneck to the crossmembers had cracked and torn in numerous places. It will require extensive gusseting and strengthening to repair and is out of warranty now.

I can't say whether other manufacturers are better or not, but I'm not happy with the performance of my Pace American.