PDA

View Full Version : Solution for hauling clippings?

columbia
05-06-2009, 02:02 PM
I have a dodge 1500. It works fine for the time being, eventually will be upgraded. Right now I generally just put a tarp in the back of my truck and fill it with clippings and then just slide it out when I get to the dump. However, I have gained a few accounts and now it is getting to the point that I can't pull if out of my truck because it is too heavy. Anyone have a solution or a better way of doing this aside from just raking them straight out of the bed of the truck? Just looking for a way to cut a little time.
Thanks

Ruben Rocha
05-06-2009, 03:46 PM
I have never used one but they are called bed unloaders.
Basically the same method you use but there is a roller with a crank on the tailgate that rolls up the tarp on the roller which pulls everything towards the tailgate.
Here is one site that sells them.
http://www.realtruck.com/load_handler_pickup_truck_bed_unloader/R1449P1C1T.html

LewisLawn
05-06-2009, 08:57 PM
loadhandler available at Harbor Freight for 69.00 cheapest place i have seeen them

Petr51488
05-07-2009, 02:16 AM
Use pitch forks to unload it. I just ran across the idea of using them and they work 100x better then the steel rakes i've been using. You can allways convert your bed into a dump

slamjamrockinman
05-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Try getting those reusable leaf bags that are made of tarp material. Just fill them up and then pull up and toss them out of the bed and empty. I usually put grass, thatch and leaves in the bags then put sticks or heavy materials straight in the bed. This works great if your using grass gobblers to bag. If you have an actual collection system, it might not work as well.

jmt
05-10-2009, 01:43 AM
just layer the tarps.

kipper
05-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Build some 18-22 in stake sides for it and get a loadhandler 3000 from northen tool for 149.00. That is what I use and it is about a three minute event. I also bring a steel garden rake because the load ahndler will only pull out what is on it. I broke one of the straps on the loadhandler and the folks there sent me another one the next day.

starry night
05-10-2009, 08:32 PM
just layer the tarps.

Ohmygosh, JMT, what a simply great idea. I have an EZ dumper on one of my pickups which is really the way to go. But I have a second pickup with just a regular bed. I have had the problem of too heavy to pull out. It never occurred to me to layer tarps. Fantastic! Thanks.

LawnTamer
05-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Load handler all the way. Great product, I have one I have been using since 1997.

ncls
05-10-2009, 11:26 PM
I use a tarp. Wrap one end of the tarp around a cut 2x4 3 or 4 times. Cut a hole in each end and run a length of chain from one end to the other. I run another lenght of tow chain to a fixed spot at the dump site. Just get in the truck and drive forward, slowly. If you drive away at an angle, the tarp almost cleans itself.