PDA

View Full Version : Door Hanging:Walk up driveway or through yard?

JohnnyRocker
05-06-2009, 05:58 PM
When you all door hang, do you walk through the yard or up each driveway. I was out last week and walked up each driveway in a high end neighborhood with long driveways and large yards. I know that I could have cut my time in half if I had walked through most of the yards. I just thought it would look kinda trashy if I was walking through everyone's yard. Any comments or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Elite Outdoor
05-06-2009, 06:29 PM
I walk through the yard. You can nearly double your time by doing this. I do stay on the side walks when the owner is outside.

TXNSLighting
05-06-2009, 09:50 PM
I never walk across the yard. That just looks bad on you, Like you have no respect for their property.

Right Touch
05-08-2009, 12:41 PM
my guys use bikes. may seem silly but it saves alot of time. One of my guys actually used roller blades once.

cixelsydeht
05-08-2009, 12:49 PM
I have always stuck to the paved areas. I know it wastes some time but I would rather show a little respect for the potential customers property. You will probably never know if that impressed them or if those extra 40 steps won you the business... unless you have a retiree with nothing better to then talk about everything and why everything is why it is. Then you might get some feedback on what some would say is wasted time.:laugh:

PROCUT1
05-08-2009, 01:04 PM
99% of people wont give a rats tail if you walk though the yard.

But you will always encounter the one guy the flips off his tree.

nc-jrock
05-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I tell my guys not walk through the yards but I know some of them do anyway.

Stuttering Stan
05-11-2009, 12:15 AM
I work my butt off to maintain my yard. I don't want solicitors walking through it. You know all those mulch islands in strip mall parking lots that everyone walk through- not me, I walk around. Someone works hard to maintain that island, show some respect.

nc-jrock
05-11-2009, 07:43 AM
What company do you guys get your door hangers from?

Loooogie
05-16-2009, 09:26 PM
If they have a fruit tree I grab a couple and if I am thirsty I just help my self to the hose, you don't want to know what I do in the bushes!

Loooogie
05-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Not many people use door hangers here in Canada, do you guys find it better than a nice full color photo packed flyer?

S.I.
05-17-2009, 03:34 AM
I don't waste time with door hangers, but whenever I'm at a customer/potential customer's property I only walk on the drives and sidewalks until it is necessary to go elsewhere. I will chew someones ass for walking across my lawn because it is disrespectful and that is the purpose of the drive and walkways.