PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Isuzu NPR "Vacuum" light

ToroLandscaper
05-06-2009, 11:36 PM
The vacuum light on my dash will light up AND BUZZ in the truck whenever I start it up and put the brake on or even after an hour of driving it swing by a drive thru and let the engine "idle" while in drive, but it does not light up or buzz just when i'm driving down the road..does anyone know whats up with this?

gene gls
05-07-2009, 09:51 PM
The vacuum light on my dash will light up AND BUZZ in the truck whenever I start it up and put the brake on or even after an hour of driving it swing by a drive thru and let the engine "idle" while in drive, but it does not light up or buzz just when i'm driving down the road..does anyone know whats up with this?

You have a problem somewhere in your vacum system. I lost my brakes 2 times that way. First time it was the pump, the 2nd it was a bad air line. Get it looked at fast. Vacum brakes do not work with out air. You step on the pedal and nothing happens.

LawnMastersTN
06-14-2012, 02:01 AM
Need to know about this also but different situation. The alternator/pump has been replaced but when you put the brakes on to slow down about 5 seconds ater you start applying the brakes the light comes on. It still has decent brakes so should I look into the lines? About how much to replace? and where should I look first?

LawnMastersTN
06-14-2012, 02:05 AM
just to clairify, Only the vacuum light conmes on. I have seen alot of people that say the brake, vacuum, and battery light all come on. I only have the vacuum light come on.

lawntimenosee
06-17-2012, 04:37 PM
When I had this problem before it was a vacuum leak from the exhaust brake line.. just another place to check.

LawnMastersTN
06-17-2012, 06:48 PM
I ended up get a Fuso instead anyway. But thanks for the input.