PDA

View Full Version : Grubs I think

danalog
03-30-2002, 10:17 AM
Late last spring I noticed one area of our lawn was dead. Before the end the fall most of the lawn (1 Acre) turned to dead grass in the spots that did not turn to dirt. The dead grass had no roots and could be easily removed because it was just dead grass laying on top of dirt. It is now spring in New England and I would like to try and replace the lawn.

What is the best method for replacing the lawn? Should I till the lawn and seed or just have it Hydro seeded?

When should I try and get rid of the grubs and what should I use?
(note: I have a well so I don't want to use anything that will endanger the water)

Thanks in advance for your help

D

JJOHN22042
03-31-2002, 11:30 AM
Save some Money Just over seed try some Lesco seed have used it here and love it. Wait till about June to put down the Grub stuff putting it down now would be a waste. Grubs need to be active. I would use Merit sold at Home Depot make sure you get the all Season long Grub Killer.
You also might want to make sure it is Grubs we had Army Worms here last here. Well, good luck..:)

strickdad
04-07-2002, 04:29 AM
i would use mach2 from dow agroscience (a better product than merit)

George777
04-08-2002, 10:03 PM
Before you treat for a pest make sure you have positive I.D., you can use a shovel and pull back the turf and inspect the roots.