PDA

View Full Version : Went for the "retro look"...

jluksic
05-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Very typical Colorado hardscape/landscape features, rock, mulch, aspens, junipers, etc... needed downlighting on path between shop and rear deck, also wanted to bring the "outside" into the family room over winter, tried to replicate the old barnlight look... mostly off the shelf HD components

David Gretzmier
05-07-2009, 10:02 PM
what bulb/socket? low voltage or high? who are you?

Tomwilllight
05-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Pardon my blunt response, but you did ask for it.

Frankly, I think it's ugly.

The fixture and mount are completely out of sync with the grayed reds color scheme used throughout your garden and home. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

I suggest you find a landscape lighting professional who can give you competent LV lighting mounted in your home's eaves.

Tom

Pro-Scapes
05-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Maybe they didnt ask for it but I gotta agree with Tom.

That doesnt blend into the surroundings. That home nor landscape is retrolooking.

Now if you had a rustic type cabin with a pathway down to a lake you might be on to something but in this application it sticks out like a sore thumb. This is what happens when you watch too much DIY network :)

jluksic
05-09-2009, 08:15 AM
I should have listened to my wife.

Mark B
05-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Wow. You guys are hard. But I agree with you. I'm a young whiper snapper and know to listen to my gf.

For future reference this forum is like walking on the end of a pier for first time when a good bite is happening. The regulars will give a bad vibe but really they are pretty cool.

Pro-Scapes
05-09-2009, 04:27 PM
What you want us to do sleepy ? Lie to him ? He went for the look. He missed. Try again and see if you can do better. Maybe all the heat is getting to me here :)

Sorry there is just no way that light goes with a stucco building and tile roof. It clashes and clashes hard. I could see this type of fixture being somewhat cool in the right application and I applaud the creativity but this looks like something they would of done on one of the DIY landscape shows where they try to tell you that you can renovate your yard for 30 bucks.

The Lighting Geek
05-09-2009, 04:31 PM
This is what happens when you watch too much DIY network :)

everyone needs to watch DIY Network, especially Yard Crashers! LOL

Mark B
05-09-2009, 04:31 PM
billy after my 7th majic hat #9 and a few shots at the pool party I am at you missed my point.