PDA

View Full Version : 44" wb toro steerng adjustments, if any

ajy
03-30-2002, 06:42 PM
i just bought a used 44" toro wb with a 14hp kohler engine. the machine keeps pulling to the left. ive tried to adjust the rods on the side but i can't get the mower to go straight. another problem, the belts were new and i understand they need to get broke in but the belts seem like they keep stretching. i adjust the rods so the mower will pull but when i get to a hill it won't pull. is there any solution for adjusting the tension so thst the mower will go straight and pull on hills and flat ground without having to keep adjusting the tension rods. i'm starting to believe this is something i'm going to have to live with, but i hope not.

keifer
03-30-2002, 07:53 PM
If you didnt get the manuals with it go online and download them from toro. that should get you going.

MATTHEW
03-30-2002, 09:15 PM
Make sure that all pulley wheels are spinning smoothly. Check the rear wheels also (a bad bearing will cause a drag). Check the belt under the mower for wear. It gets power to the tranny. If its worn, it will cause a drag.

YLC1
03-31-2002, 09:01 PM
While you're checking things out be sure the air pressure is equal in both drive tires.Also check the diameter of the drive tires,they should be within 1/8" of each other(according to our local Exmark dealer).I've got an old Exmark that the only way to get it to track straight is to have 8# of air in the left side and 22# in the other.Hope this helps,Richard