PDA

View Full Version : New Here.

Walk Behind Metro
05-08-2009, 11:48 AM
I mow about a third of an acre , Bermuda. All flat and unclutterd. Yes I'm the mean dad who got rid of the swing set:).

I'm looking for a way to speed up my mowing process. I like walk behinds for the exercise benefits.

Presently using a Metro 26.

Walk Behind Metro
05-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Does anyone have any info on other 26-30 swath mowers for home use.

It is taking an hour and a half to mow my bermuda with the Metro 26. Factory Exmark reps are telling me the Metro 26 mower is good to knock off 1 inch at low speed when mulching. Any more it starts leaving stragglers and piles of mulch.

Anyone know about the Billy Goat line. they have a 24 and a 33. Are they any good.

DLAWNS
05-15-2009, 07:55 AM
I would personally suggest an Exmark 32" Metro. I own one and it is a great machine.

Walk Behind Metro
05-15-2009, 04:09 PM
How is the speed on it? Will it move out in mulch mode. Can you mulch at the highest walking speed?

DLAWNS
05-19-2009, 01:26 AM
How is the speed on it? Will it move out in mulch mode. Can you mulch at the highest walking speed?

It's pretty quick...I usually cut on 3 as I feel that is the best speed for a quality cut. I've used it on 4 when I'm in more of a rush and it works well. I have the mulch kit and I also use it on 3 or 4 with the kit on there.

lifetree
05-21-2009, 11:09 PM
... Anyone know about the Billy Goat line. they have a 24 and a 33. Are they any good.

The Billy Goat 24" High Wheel mower would serve you well and the BG 33" machine is no longer in production !! Having said that, I would recommend the Quick 32" Dually as your mower of choice.

Walk Behind Metro
05-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Wow the Quick 32 looks awesome. Especially with the Kawa 16 hp.

Was trying to get Exmark to help me get into a Exmark 32. I was told to "sell my metro 26 myself and get a used scag" by one exmark rep. It got really nasty after I told them I was gonna call until I got some satisfaction. I was told by the head of customer service for Exmark. That if I kept on calling, I could be turned over to their head of legal and be made to go away!!!!!!

I may try to contact Quick and see if they have a customer in my area that would let me test cut with their Quick.

DLAWNS
05-23-2009, 01:28 AM
Wow the Quick 32 looks awesome. Especially with the Kawa 16 hp.

Was trying to get Exmark to help me get into a Exmark 32. I was told to "sell my metro 26 myself and get a used scag" by one exmark rep. It got really nasty after I told them I was gonna call until I got some satisfaction. I was told by the head of customer service for Exmark. That if I kept on calling, I could be turned over to their head of legal and be made to go away!!!!!!

I may try to contact Quick and see if they have a customer in my area that would let me test cut with their Quick.

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with Exmark. I guess I just got lucky and have a good dealer. Either way let us know what you decide. Good luck.

Walk Behind Metro
05-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks Bill.

louingalls
06-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey "lifetree". I noticed your posts on other posts re. Better Outdoor Products. I am a newbie here. Have you good experience with the Quick mowers?

I recently retired from the computer industry and investigating starting a lawn care for a part time business. I have looked at most of the commercial products and all the starting prices are much more than I wish to invest in a startup. I landed on a site that had info on the BOP and went to their website to check them out. From my perspective they appear to have the ideal mower for me to start out with other than trying to use my homeowner Honda 21 inch mower. First of all the entry price is very reasonable, their "compact" design is very important, ie ability to load into the back of my Tundra, and most of all they are built here in NC (Winston Salem) which is 2 hours away and I can save more money by going to the factory.

Have you had any issues with the BOP?

louingalls
06-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Sorry for the redundant question.