PDA

View Full Version : I had two small stupid accomplishments but for me it seems like alot

Right Touch
05-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Ever have one of those times where you finally get that machine you always wanted or had one of those accomplishments that you always said to yourself, "When I get/do (fill in the blank), I'll know I finally made it." Well two of mine happened yesterday and today, and they are small and stupid, but for some reason make me feel really good.

Since I started my business from nothing and grew up not having much money in my family, everything has been a struggle to get this business where I want it. One of those things is not really having a "shop". All my stuff is spread out between a few different garages (where we mow the lawns for free as compensation) and my guys take home their trucks and trailers. Well one of my guys is renting a large property and I asked him if I could pay him to use his garage (which they dont use at all) as my shop. He said yes, and yesterday I finally moved all my stuff into one garage and set up a nice work bench! No more changing blades on the road or repairing a machine out of the back of my truck. I went to the Home Depot and bought myself a table top vise clamp and when I mounted it to my workbench, I got that "finally" feeling. I know its not much, but I spent the whole day doing a list of things I've been pushing off cause I had nowhere to do them.

The second one happened a few minutes ago. I finally paid off my first piece of financed equipment! It feels like I've actually accomplished something! Now maybe I can start putting some money in my pocket as I so blatantly complained about last week in a different thread.

Anyone else ever have one of those "i finally did it" moments?

benjammin
05-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Congrats RT!
cheers

bohiaa
05-08-2009, 11:43 PM
WOO HOO....... now that requires a party......

can we come over.........

IRRITECH
05-08-2009, 11:52 PM
They're not small nor stupid. They are called GOALS. If you don't have goals you really have nowhere to go.

Good for you. :)

TXNSLighting
05-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Good job there bud. Theres nothing at all small about those. Those are great accomplishments in this biz. Keep it up my good man!

dwlah
05-09-2009, 08:58 AM
They're not small nor stupid. They are called GOALS. If you don't have goals you really have nowhere to go.

Good for you.

IRRITECH is right if you dont have goals your just wandering around
and your next goal is?

Right Touch
05-09-2009, 02:47 PM
well now that I have a construction crew and lawn maintenance crew, my next goal would be to add a strictly commercial mowing crew so my other crew can be strictly residential. Then I would like to add a second construction crew for mulch, pruning, etc... so that my main construction crew can concentrate on the larger design/build projects.

On the personal end, since I just got married last year, my goal is to buy a house this year and then make a baby on the new house!

Right Touch
05-09-2009, 02:48 PM
then make a baby on the new house![/QUOTE]

WOOPS! I meant IN the new house! or maybe on it, who knows :dancing::laugh:

LouisianaLawnboy
05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes. When I pay off something. Hopefully this I can go all "Dave Ramsey"

Grass Happens
05-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Congrats.
My "I made it" was a zero-turn. I bought it last year. It's old, but cuts nice. When I look back on how I started, and all the mistakes I made, I'm truly thankful for the grace of God.

S.I.
05-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Ever have one of those times where you finally get that machine you always wanted or had one of those accomplishments that you always said to yourself, "When I get/do (fill in the blank), I'll know I finally made it." Well two of mine happened yesterday and today, and they are small and stupid, but for some reason make me feel really good.

Since I started my business from nothing and grew up not having much money in my family, everything has been a struggle to get this business where I want it. One of those things is not really having a "shop". All my stuff is spread out between a few different garages (where we mow the lawns for free as compensation) and my guys take home their trucks and trailers. Well one of my guys is renting a large property and I asked him if I could pay him to use his garage (which they dont use at all) as my shop. He said yes, and yesterday I finally moved all my stuff into one garage and set up a nice work bench! No more changing blades on the road or repairing a machine out of the back of my truck. I went to the Home Depot and bought myself a table top vise clamp and when I mounted it to my workbench, I got that "finally" feeling. I know its not much, but I spent the whole day doing a list of things I've been pushing off cause I had nowhere to do them.

The second one happened a few minutes ago. I finally paid off my first piece of financed equipment! It feels like I've actually accomplished something! Now maybe I can start putting some money in my pocket as I so blatantly complained about last week in a different thread.

Anyone else ever have one of those "i finally did it" moments?

"When I remember what I'm suppose to be doing without looking at my notes, I'll know I finally made it." ?????

but really almost there, 100% debt free by the end of the summer. The business has been pretty much run that way from day one, but on the personal level almost there.