PDA

View Full Version : grassgobler

BRIAN FOLEY
03-30-2002, 08:44 PM
Who makes the best catcher are the grassgoblers the best?? I will be applying it to a toro wb. Thanks Brian

Turfdude
03-30-2002, 10:34 PM
The gobbler is a better alternative to that half plastic, half cloth space invading contraption they call a "catcher", that generally leaves trail of grass behind if not at least at every small bump in the terrain.

BTW, why anyone still uses the t-bar toros is beyond me.

Bob

foxslawncare
03-31-2002, 09:25 AM
I prefer mulch deck over grass catchers. Just find easier and quicker.
turfdude the toros now have pistol grip models also. just got the 36' pistol...FYI.

jaybird24
03-31-2002, 09:30 AM
Grass gobblers are good but they tend to rust and dent easily- check out the accelerator baggers- they are made from aluminum so they are much lighter and wont rust. Im not sure of the website- I'll try to find it. Happy Easter to everyone.

jdseven
03-31-2002, 11:16 AM
I have used a grass gobbler for years It has a few dents but no rust. The only problem is the weight so I try not to carry it to far to dunp the clippings. What is the cost for the Accelerator? Thanks

lee b
03-31-2002, 12:01 PM
Do they make a grass-gobbler to fit a Deere z, I could sure use one in some of my trashier areas.

Grass_Slayer
03-31-2002, 02:27 PM
WOW FOX, i didnt know anybody made a 36 foot wb!!!:D

just kidding, i just had to say that, im always amused by the missuse of " and '

o by the way i know i dont use capitals or apostrophes, sorry:D

foxslawncare
03-31-2002, 07:56 PM
yes it takes one swipe and im finished with three yards....LOL:D

dlandscaping
03-31-2002, 09:10 PM
i have the cloth bagger on a toro and had a cloth on a lesco 48 but traded it for the metal catcher. The cloth is easier to dump in barrels alone IMO. It doesn't leave a trail for me, but the metal one does. The cloth also weighs much less than the steel catcher. I really like those old big 5 bushel clothe baggers on the toros that i will get for my new one.

ohiolawnguy
03-31-2002, 10:03 PM
maybe i have the wrong name, but we have an aftermarket bagger that i sware is called a grass gobbler. it is made of heavy duty plastic, and cannot be destroyed under normal use. the only metal on the bagger is where the bagger connects to the bracket.

before we purchased one, i actually stood on it and jumped on it 3 or 4 times. the dealer guaranteed i wouldn't break it by doing this sure, i only wiegh 170 pounds, but i figured it would be a good test.