PDA

View Full Version : Just Got New Scag Need Price Help

JJOHN22042
03-30-2002, 10:38 PM
He just bought my newScag today. Paid $280 for the cloth Bagger 4 cubic ft. is this a good price. Also had hour meter installed at $75 was this a good price for this seemed a little high but iI may be wrong.

JJOHN22042
03-31-2002, 01:10 AM
Just a Little Help would be nice guys...:confused: :confused: :confused:

longviewlawncare
03-31-2002, 01:21 AM
As far as the hour meter goes you can get one for about 25-35 dollars and all you do is plug in 2 wires that are already on the mower;'s harness. As for the bagger you can get a grass gobbler that will last alot longer and can also be made bigger for about the same price. Hope that helps

ADLAWNCUTTERS
03-31-2002, 02:48 AM
the meter was a little high. you could buy a grass catcher for a little less . your in the ball park. i have two of them and love them . good luck

David Haggerty
03-31-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by JJOHN22042
He just bought my newScag today. Paid $280 for the cloth Bagger 4 cubic ft. is this a good price.

answer; Whew! I paid less than that for an Accelerator solid aluminum catcher!

Also had hour meter installed at $75 was this a good price for this seemed a little high but iI may be wrong.

answer; I always thought $30-$35 was too high for what they are. $75 bucks is just out of reason!

I'm glad I don't have to shop in Massachusetts!

Sorry, I guess this ain't what you wanted to hear.

Dave

CLM1103
03-31-2002, 09:49 AM
My Dealer quoted me $80.00 for a hour meter to fit Scag mower. I purchased same brand from Energy Kinetics,Inc. on line for $18.00 plus $3.90 shipping and received it in 4 days. I have checked around and $58.00 is the best price I have found on this from any dealer. Quite a mark-up I think! Energy Kinetics also has a digital with tach included for a little more.

gunputt
03-31-2002, 11:34 AM
Alamia.com Has a 4.3 cubic feet Grass Gobler for $178.

Double D
03-31-2002, 12:23 PM
I did the Alamia thing, and one month after placing my order I got a bagger. Guess what, does not fit my mower. Call Alamia, say it does'nt fit. They verify the model # of the bagger,and what type mower I have. Say that that bagger will fit my mower. I say no it will not. They say that you may have to do some grinding and such to make it fit. I finally get the phone number for Grass Gobbler and call them direct. Tell them what type mower I have and wondered what would be the proper Model # to fit my mower. Guess what, it is different than the one Alamia sent me. Call Alamia back and give them the information. Still do not believe me. I get them to call Gobbler themselves, and get the info firsthand. They do, and never call me back. Now we are in month # 2. I finally get to talk to my sales rep. who has been handling this situation. Says that they can't help me, I need to send the Bag back. I send it back and about another month later I get a refund on my credit card less the shipping I paid both ways. So I am out 3 months time and about 40 bucks shipping charges.

I say buy the bag from Scag and pay a little more for a bag made specifically for you mower.

JJOHN22042
03-31-2002, 12:51 PM
I bought the Bag From Scag Looks nice just hope it lasts.

shawn'slawns
04-01-2002, 12:51 AM
i've seen that preco catalog has a plastic trash can style bagger for $200.00 no plate! i think i'm going to try it they say it wont drag? i too have a scag 48hydro and think the mulch plate sounds good too but cant seem to find it?

Scraper
04-01-2002, 10:08 AM
Next time it might help to ask before you buy. ;)