PDA

View Full Version : Ferris Blades Won't Engage

superbee
05-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Yesterday, I could not get the blades to engage in my IS1500z. I could hear the clicking noise as I pulled the PTO button up (so I guess the wiring is o.k.) but nothing happened. Any ideas on what is wrong? Thanks.

dwlah
05-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Not trying to be smart but did you check and make sure the belt is on?
DAMHIKIJK

Runner
05-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Is there like a hissing noise coming from it when you pull the PTO? If there is, the air gap is probably too uch, and if it is a common model, needs to be replaced (older ones were adjustable). There will be 3 bolts on the front plate in a triangular pattern if it is adjustable.

punt66
05-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Not trying to be smart but did you check and make sure the belt is on?
DAMHIKIJK
That is a good question. I had the belt jump on my 1500 and when i went to engage only heard clicking.

Mondragon Lawn Serv
05-09-2009, 01:17 PM
this happened to me too but i took it in to my dealer and it was fixed that same day i forgot what he said it was. i think he said something that helps recharge the battery,(cuz battery would die we would jump start and it will work for a while and then it would die), that had to be cleaned since dust would get to it easily. i'll call him up and see what he says so that i can help you

yardatwork
05-09-2009, 03:52 PM
It is probably your PTO CLUTCH. The gap is probably too great for the clutch to engage. Or...your battery might be getting old and low on amps. A PTO pulls a decent amount of amps from the battery when engaged. On my IS1000Z, the PTO was shutting the mower off. I replaced the battery and all was good.

superbee
05-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks. This makes sense since I have had some trouble with the battery going dead. I'll get a new battery and give it a try.