PDA

View Full Version : Light for entry pillars

xtreem3d
05-10-2009, 08:38 AM
hi guys,
at my own house i am re-doing the block walls in front and will be adding 2 small entry pillars on each side of the steps coming up to the front door. mostly because of cost i am trying to avoid having an electrician wire these lights and drill through the foundation into my basement to hit the panel....sooo i was hoping there might be a low voltage alternative. it's going to be a typical pillar with a cap and a light mounted on top...
thanks
steve

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Of course there are low voltage options to this application. Some photos or drawings of what you are doing would be most helpful. Also, keep in mind that just because you are planning a LV circuit to power the lights does not mean that you can cut many corners when it comes to wiring techniques. Things like conduit through walls/foundations, protection from masonry, and the appropriate use of wire and connectors are still necessary.

Have a great day.

Lite4
05-10-2009, 10:32 AM
There are plenty of options you can go with. Depends on the look you are going for. If you are thinking the traditional post light on top of the pillar, you can convert this fixture to 12v by replacing the socket for use with traditional transformers. However just as James stated you still need to chase your wire up the inside of the column and use a good multi-volt transformer and ensure you are getting full voltage when you lightem up.