PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Blowers and Trimmers

SterlingLawn
03-31-2002, 01:39 AM
I just wanted to get the impressions of those of you that have run Kawasaki blowers and trimmers. I demo'd and was impressed. Dealer is trying to push me in that direction over Shin and Echo. He sells all three.

Soupy
03-31-2002, 03:28 AM
I Use a Kawasaki Blower. It runs great, plenty of power. Pretty comfy. I have 2 complaints, The Clamp that holds The hose to the unit could be better. Mine was deliverd as tight as it goes and it didn't take long before my hose kept comeing free from mower (Could be the awsome power of blower :) ) This problem easily fixed with different clamp. second problem have is that staps come lose from the bottom of blower alot. This never happens while it's in use but Sometimes I throw it over one shoulder then when I reach around for the second strap it will be loose and I'll have to take blower back off of sholder and reclmp the strap, well usally I just use it over one sholder, But still they could use better methods of attaching these to pieces.

Trimmer, I have no experience.

Soupy

Bunton Guy
03-31-2002, 09:38 AM
I run the full line of Maruyama trimmers,blowers,edgers Ect... And they have kawasaki engines. I have the same problems as listed above. + these things dont like running in cold weather actually they dont mind running in cold weather they just are hard to start. So they need some carb adjustment right off the bat to get them running better. Could just be mine but after having 11 peices adjusted I dont know about it just being mine.

mowerman90
03-31-2002, 09:40 AM
I was at a trade show this year and was able to demo the Kawi's side by side in a bucket of water with all the major brands. Each trimmer had a tachometer mounted to the D-handle so you could see how fast the thing was spinning. Of all the trimmers I tried the Kawi was the strongest and fastest spinning in the water. I was definately impressed with their power and especially with their light weight.

BerksLawn
03-31-2002, 10:23 AM
We run a poulan pro bp blower with a kawi engine and it's great. Very powerful alot better then a homelite that's for sure haven't tried anythign else.

captdevo
03-31-2002, 10:32 AM
they make nice products.........but..BEWARE

they are going to direct sales online to the public, alot of dealers are not going to carry them anymore, thus service may be tougher!

ow man
03-31-2002, 01:40 PM
True, they are now selling direct to public. But they just anounced that they also will be selling direct to dealers. Many dealers have shown concern over this matter. They would rather buy from thier distributor as in the past. Make sure your dealer doesnt drop the line just after you purchase, service then may be a little tricky if you dont have another Kawi dealer nearby.

joed
03-31-2002, 02:22 PM
I demoed the new 7000 series Kawasaki BP blower and was very impressed. The power is very impressive to the point were the tube felt like it was going to break out of my hand. Also, it was very quiet. The only thing I did not like was the price... $800 Canadian. An Echo PB650 goes for $699 Canadian.

Grass_Slayer
03-31-2002, 03:19 PM
i have a kbl23 trimmer. i love it!! it doesnt weigh very much and it has little vibration. lots of power in a small package. im gonna get another one this year and a blower hopefully. my old one crapped out (not a kawi)

SterlingLawn
03-31-2002, 09:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was pretty sold on the line and you have backed up my dealers confidence. I will check in to the service issue though.

LJ lawn
03-31-2002, 09:57 PM
i never demo'd one but their backpack looks identical to :landscapers supply,john deere,and vandermolen.i bought a vandermolen blower a couple of years ago.the dealer could not get parts for it.apparently they don't make it, (vandermolen)sooo they don't stock the parts for it . needed a gas tank. it took 6 months to get one.a little while later the on/off switch broke -(cheap plastic)so i waited another 2 months to get one from landscapers supply.the guy wound up taking parts off a floor model for me and other people who needed the parts.-could'nt get em.i still have it and it's only used as a backup,now i use redmax -no problems getting any parts and they hold up under daily use.

dlandscaping
03-31-2002, 10:04 PM
i have the kb26l? the one with the 25.4cc engine. I bought it midway through last season and has been a very good machine. It is light and i like the big loop handle especially since you don't have to flip the handle when edging and regular weedeating. The only thing i dont like about the machine is the position of the gas tank opening. I find it difficult to fill unlike my echo which is straight, the kawi one curves upward.

keifer
03-31-2002, 10:49 PM
I was looking at the kawi double sided hedge clippers on sale but was a little heavy then the dealer for stihl put his on sale and i just had to get the stihl. but on the side of kawi I have a old 14.5 horse on one of my mowers and she runs pretty good.

ohiolawnguy
03-31-2002, 11:44 PM
i thin the kaw machies run good. but, as stated earlier, the tube on the blowers could be designed better. we got rid of the original clamp holding it secure, and replaced it with a hose clamp.

we have a (forget the actual model number but) 40 some cc backpack blower. it runs good, but its a joke during leaf season. im used to our echo pb 602, and redmax eb 7000

we dont own any of the trimmers, but i have used them before.

there is a $60 discount if you trade in an old blower when purchasing a new kawasaki unit.

gscheek
09-21-2004, 08:10 PM
I have the KBL26a, love it. Thinking about getting a Kawasaki Backpack blower too. Has anyone had any major problems with them?