PDA

View Full Version : Stamps went up today!

Grass Happens
05-11-2009, 09:22 AM
For those of you (like me) who don't watch the news, stamps went up to $.44 today. Unless you have forever stamps. Just fyi so you don't get all your statements sent back to ya!

randosh4
05-11-2009, 10:14 AM
That's too bad mine are $.52 here.

1MajorTom
05-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure why i did it, but on Friday, i bought 32 books of the forever stamp. That's 640 stamps. That won't last me the rest of the season, but it's a good start. I'd really like to buy enough stamps for like 5 seasons, but i don't want to get too crazy. :hammerhead:

poolboy
05-13-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure why i did it, but on Friday, i bought 32 books of the forever stamp. That's 640 stamps. That won't last me the rest of the season, but it's a good start. I'd really like to buy enough stamps for like 5 seasons, but i don't want to get too crazy. :hammerhead:

That's not a bad idea at all. Every year they seem to go up.

IN2MOWN
05-13-2009, 05:36 PM
During the mowing season I drop them at the door the final week of the month. Saves some money on stamps. The only time I mail is when I do landscaping or cleanups.

bohiaa
05-13-2009, 09:43 PM
WOO HOOO, another increase in business write off's..........

Grass Happens
05-14-2009, 09:15 AM
I guess it was two years ago the Post Office got permission to raise prices every year, as long as the increase was equal to the amount of inflation; the Post Office no longer has to go to congress to raise the price.

bohiaa
05-15-2009, 09:12 AM
I know there getting pickey about leaving items in the mail boxes....

we offtem just place the invoices in customers mail boxes. with out a stamp of corse, but last month the mail lady went and picked them all up, and I got a call from the post master....

Before anyone jumps in. were in the country. most rules that others follow dont apply to us.. we pretty much do what we want out here.... better keep your dog in your yard. lol