PDA

View Full Version : ground leveling

scottyb13
05-11-2009, 07:38 PM
I have to level and seed about an acre of property that I have somewhat cleared. It needs to be leveled.Its a little rutted from doing some clearing with a skidsteer. I have an availability of a skidsteer with a straight bucket. Its a big yard and I want to do it the easiest possible way. I know i'll pull my hair out by doing it with just a straightbucket and more than likely not get it leveled. Any suggestions? Harley Rake ? Any kind skidsteer attatchment hopefully I can rent to make tis as painless as possible? Thanks in advance. I have done small yards with a skidsteer and with some "by hand" work but this one, I am in a little bit over my head and I want to get it done!

cgaengineer
05-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Is the area you cleared once wooded? If so the harley rake would work better then a tiller.

scottyb13
05-12-2009, 07:35 PM
I am being told there an attatchment to the skidsteer named the "Intimidator", easiest and best to use?

lawn king
05-13-2009, 07:32 AM
A tractor & rake will get it done with far less compaction than a skid.

cgaengineer
05-13-2009, 08:05 AM
I am not familiar with the "Intimidator". I have only used a tracked Dingo with a Harley Rake and also one with the cultivator.