PDA

View Full Version : Pace trailer flloor bending,help!

Turfcutters Plus
05-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I have a pace american 2000#cargo weight trailer.I put another 3/4 plywood on floor and ramp.The floor crossbraces are bending under rider.Can i put more(much thicker)steel crossmembers under it to help support the rider?It must be loaded as suck.I carry in a 12 by 6-I Z master rider,1 36''walkbehind and a 21'' mower.Those cross members are sh1t!But i do love it though for the price(2900).:confused:

Mowingman
05-11-2009, 07:27 PM
I think what you have is a cheap-built trailer. I believe I have seen those for sale at Lowes or H.D. and they are flimsy.
If you reinforce one part, another part will fail. Just sell it and cut your losses. Use the money to put down on a real well built trailer.

Turfcutters Plus
05-11-2009, 08:17 PM
I think what you have is a cheap-built trailer. I believe I have seen those for sale at Lowes or H.D. and they are flimsy.
If you reinforce one part, another part will fail. Just sell it and cut your losses. Use the money to put down on a real well built trailer.

It's good enough for putting around town though.Why not just a couple cross members?

Mowingman
05-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Weld those cross members in, and whatever they are attached to will bend or break next, and so on and so on. I know several folks with those trailers and all have had bad luck. They are built with a minimum of steel and with cheap steel at that. One of my friends had one split in half and nearly caused a serious accident.

punt66
05-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I am on my fourth season with a cheap carry on enclosed trailer. One of my gate hinges broke today. Had to go home and do some fab and welding. Other then that its been fine. Would i have bought a heavier one to begin with? Probably not. They were double the price. But you will have to keep up with the cheap trailers or they will fall apart around you. If you dont weld and arnt that handy then buy a better trailer. Otherwise paying someone to keep fixing it isnt worth it.

TimTim2008
05-14-2009, 12:34 AM
yes, i welded cross beams in mine... , and i put in another sheet of 1/2" plywood ON TOP , and now i can toss(replace) the top sheet, if it ever gets damaged