PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Film on mufflers???

driver5
05-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Hi.. I got your free can of FF and I used it all up in like five minutes.. I was a FF spraying natzi !!!! This stuff is by far better than WD-40. It doesnt dissappear or evap ! Love it. Where has it been in all my years as a LCO.

anyways... spraying my Exmark Z I noticed the muffler has rust.. So I sprayed it...

Not until a few minutes ago, reading in another post about the flash point of FF did i realize that the smoke coming off my Lazer Z was the FF burning off !!!!! Wow, man, am I glad I figured it out. .and it wasnt my mower having an issue... ( edit: the lawn mower smoked the next day on the first yard. it wasnt smoking due to it being hot as i was spraying it... )

So, now that we know the flash point.. is it a good idea to put it on the muffler, or with the heat just make it dissapate?

Whats your though on this?

Thanks for the can. You've now made me an adict of FF crack in a can... Im going to the local dealer to buy 60-70 bucks worth of it.. Cause I know that im gonna spray like crazy.

Scott,

Nashville Tennessee

Dano50
05-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Woo hoo, another Fluid Film addict! We really need to start a support group. :)

Fluid Film is going to burn off that muffler every time. You could apply it when not in use to keep any rust from occurring, but know that once it heats up it will have to be reapplied.

Thanks for the support! :cool2:

driver5
05-12-2009, 11:21 AM
You know... the best thing I actually should do is remove the muffler and just sand it and paint it.. if not replace it.

Going to Kimbro Oil to buy a case of fluid film within the hour.

Thanks for the great product and thanks for being on this site.

Scott

driver5
05-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Just bought a Case and have already ran thru one can :0