PDA

View Full Version : anyone kno anything about photoshop with logos

WrightWay05
05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
ok so i have a logo and its always worked with anything that i wanted to get made but i was having some signs for the truck made and they said i need to have it "flattened" its in pdf format, does anyone kno how to do this cause i would really hate for this little problem to keep my from getting im signs.

bohiaa
05-12-2009, 12:48 PM
sounds like you need a file converter.

I used photoshop in the old days, and I dont theink it can be done. inside photoshop.

look around and see if there is a converter.

best of luck

benjammin
05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
No need for photo shop.
Open image in Adobe.
Click "Save As"
Select file type ".jpg"
Save

JDUtah
05-12-2009, 04:15 PM
If you have photoshop just save it as a jpg... or click layers, flatten image (but save it as a different image or you will loose some important editing capabilities)...

I would be weary of hiring a printer that needs you to do this... they should have the software to do it themselves... make sure they do good work before you buy.

WrightWay05
05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
thanks for ur replies, but i found the email of the lady that made my logo and see did it for me with no problems, and it was vistaprint that needed me to do it, im not sure why they have never asked me to do it before for any of the other items ive ordered with my logo in them but they needed it that way for the signs...

LBLC_LCO
05-12-2009, 06:41 PM
If you are planning on getting magnetic signs from vistaprint, you should check out buildasign.com. The vistaprint ones are really thin and cheap, heard some guys had them fly off their trucks. I got some from buildasign and they are really good quality. I paid $60 or so for 2 signs with 3 colors.

Joe Shooner
05-13-2009, 04:55 PM
I'd also be wary. Most of the time you want to give a printer "vector" artwork, which is usually an .eps file for logos. With a pdf/jpg, you're never going to have more pixels than you do when you convert it. So if you give them a 3" x 3" PDF and they try to print a 12" x 12" sign, you're going to have a really jagged, pixelated logo. An eps, on the other hand, is scalable.