PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Exmark Striping Kit...

Pat McMahon
03-31-2002, 10:03 PM
Has anyone used this kit? What did you pay for it? I was thinking of making my own before they introduced their kit. Do the mounts "dig in" to the turf on uneven ground?
Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Patrick

BigEd
04-01-2002, 12:19 AM
Just ordered one Friday. They said it would be in tuesday.I paid $340. I dont know if that is good or not?I let you know as soon as I have some results on how nice it is>

Pat McMahon
04-01-2002, 02:24 AM
We specialize with picky customers and estates. We always stripe the lawns, but after seeing the before and after pictures on www.exmark.com , I thought that our customers would be extremely happy with the results. I'm worried about the mounting brackets digging in on uneven ground. I don't want to spend $350 to tear up a happy customers lawn, and then loose them as a satisified customer. Thanks again for the pending report!

Pat

Runner
04-01-2002, 04:23 AM
I have this striping kit on my Lazer, and over the last year that I've had it, I've never experienced anything even remotely close to the holding brackets tearing up any type of ground. This includes on hills and all different terrain changes. One thing you WILL find though, and that is, that because the rear caster wheels are gone, you are able to put that deck right in closer to some objects than you were with the wheels. This is nice. The brackets, however, don't ride close enough to the ground in contrast to the deck to cause any kind of damage. Also, the roller itself doesn't ride that low either. I have mine set on the second notch down, I think, and that allows the roller to hit about the upper third of the mowed grass blade. I've found this settingto work about the best. Not too high to get a non effective result, but yet not to low to interfere with certain terrain changes. Oh, another thing, if you're on the top or crest of a berm, and you're mowing lengthwise, the roller keeps the deck from scalping in the center.

GarPA
04-01-2002, 06:39 AM
i paid $340 for the exmark...as said above, gives mower more support...not a lot of money to set you apart from the other lco's...few people here in PA have them...and people luvvv the look

TLS
04-01-2002, 08:28 AM
I have the "non" eXmark version, but its the exact same thing. Set it up high. It is not ment to roll the lawn or grass, just brush over the tips like Runner said. Too low, and yes the roller will dig in while turning. Set properly, and it is the best addition (except for "The Director") I've made to my Lazer. Its adjustable, and once you adjust it for your preferred cutting height, you just set it, and forget it! The other great feature that Runner mentioned is that its one GIANT rear antiscalp roller. Berms are fool proof now!

WOW, $350.......I paid way less, but its still worth it for what it does.