PDA

View Full Version : Metro HP 36" vs. Turf Tracer HP 36"

Conan
03-31-2002, 11:19 PM
I need a new primary lawn mower. Does the belt-drive really slip a lot when the mowing conditions are wet?

Ozzie
04-01-2002, 12:07 AM
I don't know about the Metro but I just got a Turf Tracer hp 36 and I love it. I would tell anyone to get one, good luck in your decision

65hoss
04-01-2002, 12:23 AM
I have a belt drive Metro and I've never had any problems. But I also don't work in rain.

dlandscaping
04-01-2002, 04:00 PM
only one time has my belt fell off. It was on the trailer and had been pouring for a few minutes when i went to get it off. The belt fell off and i pushed it back on after a lil fight and went off to mow. Now i have been having many slips. It seem the small pin that holds the pulley for the belt got smacked off when that had happened. the pulley now slides back and forth slipping all the time wet and dry cant stand it. I havent choosen a hydro or gear for the 36 hp but i will try both soon at the exmark day at my dealer.

SLS
04-01-2002, 04:40 PM
Different strokes for different folks but for me it's hydro drive or nothing.

No slipping and wearing drive belts and no transaxle issues. Just smooth sailing until its time to replace a pump of wheel motor...which with quality componants and proper maintanance is a long, long time.